Forums are back in action! ×

Coin after coin was dropped into that machine. Why play a game repetitively only to get stuck in the same place yet again? Low ammo, low health and mana, the enemy smirking at me, gap-toothed and cock sure that it will beat me yet again.

Continue? 5...4...3...

One hand is fidgeting with the quarter, the other is resting near the joystick. I've spent unknown hours standing here, staring at this screen. I've memorized the minion patterns and can hum the theme song backwards now. Is it worth it?

Continue? 2...1...

The quarter falls with a clink-clatter. My mind replays the run that didn't quite make it. Recounting how much ammo and mana I've got still. Perhaps this time, I'll try a different route to best the enemy.

*In a nutshell, I stopped. Just stopped. I ate semi-healthy things and didn't work out at all. Then I saw an image that woke up all of my slumbering creativity and re-sparked my nerd love. Cosplay. I miss it so much. I loved dressing up and even the challenge of getting the outfit just so. I want to feel that again. 

But more than that, I want to feel like myself again. Happy, Confident and Healthy. 

So, here's to research, and food prep. Here's to getting up to do that morning wake-up jog and just one more Set. Here's to being stronger than a F$%%$^! bag of chocolate or ice cream. Right here. Here is to me not deleting my persona on Nerd Fitness entirely. 

To a NewMe.

Even more than this, here is to a New You. Stay strong Nerds. The Force is with you. Always.

• Like 3

You Can.

Yes, you can.

I Can.

Yes, I can.