Forums are back in action! ×

Hello again, again

I've been on and off this site for almost 4 years now, and I think it's time to get back on!

I'm a 46-year-old father of two, and an occasional competitor in the hammer throw in Track and Field, as well as the Highland games.

One of the main reasons I've been inconsistent has been because I would frequently go through spells where I would lose strength and/or workouts would be very unpleasant because of joint and muscle pain. Thankfully, that may be mostly behind me, as it seems I had a pretty strong vitamin D deficiency.

Unfortunately, one thing I don't have a handle on is my weight. It's the worst it's ever been.

So now I'm making a push. I'm signed up with Mash Elite Performance to get help with programing, and my goal is to compete at the Canadian Olympic trials in July. I'm not going to worry too much about my weight for now. I'll hold that until after the competitive season.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to reconnecting with everyone and hopefully meeting new people.

Welcome back!

I recognize your picture. We've met before! :D

It's good that you are getting back into it! Good luck at the Olympic trials!

Keep us posted!

Ah. Then I'm thinking you must have changed your picture and/or nick? Because I think otherwise I would remember more, considering that you're in my hometown (which I miss dearly!).

Thank you very much for the welcome.

Ah. Then I'm thinking you must have changed your picture and/or nick? Because I think otherwise I would remember more, considering that you're in my hometown (which I miss dearly!).

Thank you very much for the welcome.

The nick, yes. I used to be Silver Rapier. This is my original picture. I changed back to it since it fits the new name. :D

I don't actually live in Ottawa, but close enough that it counts. It's just on the other side of the bridge. :D

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.