Forums are back in action! ×

This is an introductory post for me (obviously, huh?) and I'm not quite sure where I'd fit class-wise...

At any rate, this has to be the year! There's two reasons, one of which is the fact I'll be twenty-nine this year and secondly, I'm going to be a father to a handsome baby boy on the way in May!

I grew up with parents who were overweight and unhappy with themselves and their lives. Because of that I don't have many fond memories of my childhood with them. I most certainly do not want my little raven (His name will be Brannon and we're calling him Bran for short, like game of thrones :3) to feel that way.

Let's see... I'm twenty-nine, I enjoy reading, art-ing (I just made it up lulz), listening to music, gaming and writing! I've been together with my beautiful fiancee and baby mama for five years this year and I lovingly call her Princess which she both loves and hates lulz.

I'm a follower of the old ways, but I don't think of myself as Wiccan. I'm more of a eclectic spiritualist... But I will say I have a rather deep connection to the gods of Anglo-Saxon heathenry and others too, but moreso the former. I also have a fond respect and admiration of Celtic Druidry! But that's not the only two things I'm interested in spiritually lulz.

My goal this year isn't just to lose weight but to also change my life to be more fulfilling and better for all three of us! Our little raven is a blessing and I want to the best I can be for him, my fiancee and of course myself too!

By the way, my name's Drew and hello everyone!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Welcome to the rebellion, Drew!

Based on your goals and interests, perhaps you'd like to pay the Druids a visit. Meditation, yoga, etc. Meditation in particular could help you with your goal to feel happier in general.

Losing weight is largely a matter of diet, as in food intake in general. Visit the food subforum for more information. If you have any questions, you have but to ask. :)

Good luck and keep us posted!

• Like 1

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

Thanks for the quick reply, Basement Cat! I was thinking that might be my next quest is to choose a beginner's class.

I will be posting my goals for the challenge soon too.

By the way, how do I join a guild? I haven't paid for my membership due to financial woes and our baby being due soon, I'm only a member of the site's forums.

Thanks for the quick reply, Basement Cat! I was thinking that might be my next quest is to choose a beginner's class.

I will be posting my goals for the challenge soon too.

By the way, how do I join a guild? I haven't paid for my membership due to financial woes and our baby being due soon, I'm only a member of the site's forums.

Oh, the guilds are free! The NF Academy and Yoga have registration fees, but everything on the forums is gratis!

The little symbol under your name shows you are Druid. Since you are new here, you have to do your first challenge as a Rebel. Once the first challenge is done, then you can join a guild.

Well I say join, but it's just to help people find other with similar interests. Monks are into martial arts, Warriors like lifting things, Scouts are endurance athletes, etc. So, no need to worry about your wallet for that!

You can check out the Guild subforum to get an idea. Just explore and have fun. People are always helpful here. :)

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.