Forums are back in action! ×

Men ONLY please...

Guest Snake McClain

At first, I was thinking of the original Quote, "By the power of Greyskull!" But then you said this:

Every time you guys mention this Greyskull thing, I see the sequence from He-Man...

And then I just had to watch it again, ha ha ha!

Well someone had to do it-

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

As far as I'm concerned optimal ratios are BS, especially as we're mostly weak and getting stronger (we're about the same in terms of lifts, and both have a huge amount of progress to still make).

Lift with the goal of making progress every time you're under the bar (another reason I love greyskull is that even during resets you're hitting rep PRs). If you do that you might be off with the ratios a little bit due to anthropomorphic weirdness, injuries, initial strength imbalances, etc ... but you'll be pretty balanced overall. There are a lot of otherwordly strong people who have equal squats and deadlifts.

Meh, I'd put it somewhere above BMI in terms of usefullness... in terms of statistics amongst people lifting weights, the 2/3/4/5 stands out. Being off from it just means you stick out from the statistical norm. What you choose to do about it is up to you :P

Unfortunately, MOST of the time I see the ratios broken is because someone emphasizes Bench above all else, and gets way too high. Squat = deadlift I can live with. Benching more than you can deadlift, well... Far be me from judging, but holy f*** man do some leg workouts!

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

Derivative yes. Ripoff no. If you read through the book you'd understand there's some good reason the program evolved into what it is.

edit: that being said, I'm not really doing that right now as it is, but the basic structure of intensity sets and resets works for me much better than SS ever did when the weights get heavy.

I've read. And I like it. I've even recommended it on this site on several occasions. Nevertheless there's no getting around to fact that JP used to be affiliated with Rippetoe (instructed at his seminars / moderated the diet section on his forums) then wrote an Ebook incorporating much of Ripp's SS. But its all good, everyone steals from everyone else. Starr borrowed from Hepburn, Ripp from Starr, and JP from Ripp.

Thank you for reminding me of that song, just sent it to all my coworkers. Smiled real big as I heard it play from like 3 different computers at the same time.

heyyyy heyyyyy heyy

Haha you are welcome!

Digits can we just call this one a warning?

Semper Gumby-Always FlexiblePain is weakness leaving the body.FITOCRACY

I like how women think: she's been stringing me along for so damn long that I can't remember a time when I WASN'T chasing her (while having never met face to face), and then she drops off the face of the earth for over a month, so I figure I'll never hear from her again and go ahead and delete her. And this makes ME the asshole? Got it.

"Oh, fear not in a world like this, And thou shalt know erelong, Know how sublime a thing it is, To suffer and be strong."  - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow -

Battle Log - MyFitnessPal - FitBIt

To get something you've never had, you have to become someone you've never been.

I like how women think: she's been stringing me along for so damn long that I can't remember a time when I WASN'T chasing her (while having never met face to face), and then she drops off the face of the earth for over a month, so I figure I'll never hear from her again and go ahead and delete her. And this makes ME the asshole? Got it.

Ahh the female mind, it's a Riddle, wrapped in an enigma, surrounded by a Labyrinth, with pit bull guard dogs, electric fences, and the Self-destruct buttons in every other step.... Ahhh...

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

Fear not. I will be writing a book to unlock the mysteries.

ten thousands years later...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4734[/ATTACH]

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

Digits, what does that site have to do with the female mind? It just pops up with a mask that is some kind of a teaser ad for some Bethesda game.

It was about solving a problem. So that popped into my head. I'm STOKED for Dishonored.

Quare? Quod vita mea non tua est.

You can call me Phi, Numbers, Sixteen or just plain 161803398874989.

Clearly he is suggesting that we don masks and slaughter all females that wronged us.

I concur.

I'm in for the donning masks in a tesla-punk version of 14th century England. I'll pass on the slaughtering females part though.

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

Guest Snake McClain

i would just flat out tell her why. "Look I've been chasing you. And you didn't give me the time of day. You didn't talk to me. i deleted you. Nothing personal but i was just trying to avoid hurting myself so don't make me the bad guy here.

or. Just don't talk to her because she's being mean.

also MAN MOMENT UPDATE!!!

Friday night I'm walking with my lady, and her son, and her best friends son (the best friends son is on a bike) and as we are walking a dog that was in the yard of the house we were next to was going crazy barking and snarling, it got out of the fence and charged us but heading for the one on the bike, really loud and snarly. I jumped between them and pulled a "wolverine from x-men" face and growled back...

...the dog ran away whimpering. bam. I scare dogs.

i would just flat out tell her why. "Look I've been chasing you. And you didn't give me the time of day. You didn't talk to me. i deleted you. Nothing personal but i was just trying to avoid hurting myself so don't make me the bad guy here.

or. Just don't talk to her because she's being mean.

also MAN MOMENT UPDATE!!!

Friday night I'm walking with my lady, and her son, and her best friends son (the best friends son is on a bike) and as we are walking a dog that was in the yard of the house we were next to was going crazy barking and snarling, it got out of the fence and charged us but heading for the one on the bike, really loud and snarly. I jumped between them and pulled a "wolverine from x-men" face and growled back...

...the dog ran away whimpering. bam. I scare dogs.

I've never pulled a wolverine growl, but I've stared down a Rottweiler before. It was all " GRRR.... I'm gonna eat you." and I was like " *batman glare* SHUDDUP BITCH IM TRYING TO WATCH TV!" my buddies dog didn't like too many people besides me. Lol

What I ended up telling her when she got all upset the I deleted and said she would be deleting me was "that's unfortunate"

But I'm not too choked up about it in any major way. She seemed like a pretty awesome girl, and definitely a looker, but I've had my suspicions that she didn't present her real self.

"Oh, fear not in a world like this, And thou shalt know erelong, Know how sublime a thing it is, To suffer and be strong."  - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow -

Battle Log - MyFitnessPal - FitBIt

To get something you've never had, you have to become someone you've never been.