Forums are back in action! ×

Men ONLY please...

Guest Snake McClain

So, as a question, does the 'men-only' mean just males, or just masculine? I'd like to think masculine as most of our discussions are focused more on the gender role than actually being male. And, exclusion sucks.

I like to think of all the people posting here as gentlemen, so I see it as a gentleman only area. Trying to avoid immaturity, d-baggedness and all that stuff. There is a lot of talk about the gentleman way of things (usually referred to as "real men" or just "men" in general). But we seem to be accepting of anybody here who identifies as man (male, masculine, gentleman or any other way you want to define it).

The original topic of this thread related to "manly bits," testosterone and a reversal of ED. But within the last 100 pages, that focused has shifted to a general thread focusing on one of 3 things: relationships (usually hetero, but not decidedly so), "man council" (where we ask something from our closest peers (people who identify as a man in one way or another) or try to find out what a gentleman would do in X situation) or testicular talk (anything from problems with the boys to general penile conversation). We do not exclude women from talking, and on occasion encourage it.

So, in other words, nobody is excluded. The title "Men ONLY" is basically just a warning to the more immature, virgin-minded or female that they may come across things that they (or on occasion we) don't want to hear.

At least, that's how I see it. How it started and how it is now are 2 different things.

By the way, my definition of "manliness" (and therefore a "gentleman" and a "Man" (note the capital M)) comes from ArtOfManliness.com:

So my definition of manliness, like Aristotle’s and the Romans, is simple: striving for excellence and virtue in all areas of your life, fulfilling your potential as a man, and being the absolute best brother, friend, husband, father and citizen you can be. This mission is fulfilled by the cultivation of manly virtues like:

Courage

Loyalty

Industry

Resiliency

Resolution

Personal Responsibility

Self-Reliance

Integrity

Sacrifice

These virtues are manliness.

So, I see this thread as mostly a way which we can strive to fulfill the above attributes, with a side of general male and masculine off-topic talk.

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

I like to think of all the people posting here as gentlemen, so I see it as a gentleman only area. Trying to avoid immaturity, d-baggedness and all that stuff. There is a lot of talk about the gentleman way of things (usually referred to as "real men" or just "men" in general). But we seem to be accepting of anybody here who identifies as man (male, masculine, gentleman or any other way you want to define it).

The original topic of this thread related to "manly bits," testosterone and a reversal of ED. But within the last 100 pages, that focused has shifted to a general thread focusing on one of 3 things: relationships (usually hetero, but not decidedly so), "man council" (where we ask something from our closest peers (people who identify as a man in one way or another) or try to find out what a gentleman would do in X situation) or testicular talk (anything from problems with the boys to general penile conversation). We do not exclude women from talking, and on occasion encourage it.

So, in other words, nobody is excluded. The title "Men ONLY" is basically just a warning to the more immature, virgin-minded or female that they may come across things that they (or on occasion we) don't want to hear.

At least, that's how I see it. How it started and how it is now are 2 different things.

By the way, my definition of "manliness" (and therefore a "gentleman" and a "Man" (note the capital M)) comes from ArtOfManliness.com:

So, I see this thread as mostly a way which we can strive to fulfill the above attributes, with a side of general male and masculine off-topic talk.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5317[/ATTACH]

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

does the 'men-only' mean just males, or just masculine?

About the same as the 'womens only thread' is just women :P no harm in showing solidarity, and there's definitely no women-hating on this thread! that said, it is mostly guys asking other guys for their opinions on things, as there is a bit of a shared experience when it comes to being male (just as there is when it comes to being female, trans, gay, etc...).

TLDR: If you have a question you want a bunch of men to answer, ask away! :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AZSF - lvl 4 assassin

STR - 9 | DEX - 12 | STA - 10.5 | CON - 7 | WIS - 8.5 | CHA - 1

We sure have come a long way from this topics start. I like how quickly it detereorated to having hot teachers, but quickly got out of that mess and became about being men.

Yep :) the Forum of Manliness. I haven't been here long, but this still a group of guys I'm proud to associate with.

"Oh, fear not in a world like this, And thou shalt know erelong, Know how sublime a thing it is, To suffer and be strong."  - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow -

Battle Log - MyFitnessPal - FitBIt

To get something you've never had, you have to become someone you've never been.

The boys' topics do sneak in once in a while.

I mean... BOOBS. Amirite?

Sometimes its fun being immature :D

Def. I have to be mature most of every day, having an outlet is a necessity.

Boos & Butts FTW!

Scout: STR: 20.5 | DEX: 13 | STA: 28 | CON: 13.5 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 4

http://51feetunder.wordpress.com/ - Running, Rock & Roll, Rock Climbing and Photography

Fitocracy Profile

Twitter

Latest Challenge

Oh dear Lord. It takes FOREVER to get caught up from post 1. I'm glad I have slogged all the way through, because I know the context of some of these questions. Snake, you are not locked into programming, if you hate it now it is likely you won't want to finish the degree. Finish this semester for sure, but then reassess and see what you really want to do. Find a kineseology program somewhere if you want to be a trainer. I have buddies who are proggrammers, they like what they do, but they had to wrok their butts off to get a job, and it involves a lot of long hours. If you hate it, you will burn out quick and be no good to anyone. Also, you are dating this girl, not already married. I applaud your sense of responsiblity, but don't take it too fast. You've already stated you were going too fast a time or two. This girl has a business and is providing. You are helping, which is great, but don't plan your life around her and her child when you've only known each other a couple of months. You have plenty of time.

TAKE A DEEP BREATH.

Now, step back and think.

As a wise first officer said, "There are always...possiblities." I've noticed from some of your posts you tend to get locked into one possiblity so much that you don't consider alternatives. The good thing is once you step back you rethink and come at things from a different direction. If you haven't already done so, do so now.

Also, get your own place. YOU. WILL. LOVE. IT. BTW, that was awesome about the scaring the dog thing.

Digits, I'm so sorry you were having a bad day, I hope you feel better now. A Chiropractor may be able to help you as well, sometimes when I have back muscles that are out of whack a spine alingment helps me feel better. Also, I concur about 19 being hard. Best of luck to you.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

For reals! I would never date a girl that didn't have a butt! I mean that would be weird to be missing out on a relatively important body part. :P
Second only to face to me. :P

I'll call butt at 2.5nd place. Gotta have beautiful eyes, then I'd put boobs and butts together with the breasts slightly higher than butt. Of course, this is granted that we are only talking physical here. If not, then a great mind and personality can beat a lack of boobs and butt. Not eyes though, you do spend more time looking at someone than you do talking to them.

Also, I do love that this is our go-to for boyish conversation or distractions.

Level 1 Woodwose

Since I feel like my attempt at humor went right over everyone's head.......

I mean if she literally did not have a buttocks, whatsoever. Which made me really laugh at Digit's response, because I don't think I would date a girl that did not physically have a face. Anyways, physically I agree with lead, eyes draw my attention more than boobs/butts.

Since I feel like my attempt at humor went right over everyone's head.......

I mean if she literally did not have a buttocks, whatsoever. Which made me really laugh at Digit's response, because I don't think I would date a girl that did not physically have a face. Anyways, physically I agree with lead, eyes draw my attention more than boobs/butts.

I caught it, I laughed then thought and agreed. I don't think I could date a woman missing a butt. Colostomy bags are a major turn off for me.

As far as not having a face, you can't tell me the Headless Monks from Doctor Who aren't dead sexy.

Level 1 Woodwose

Guest Snake McClain
So, as a question, does the 'men-only' mean just males, or just masculine? I'd like to think masculine as most of our discussions are focused more on the gender role than actually being male. And, exclusion sucks.

pretty much nailed it there. i think as the community if there is a "masculine" female...no reason they should be excluded...or anyone really. this is just a place for men to talk about men things in a safe place without any type of....ridicule from anyone that would ridicule. sort of like "if you dont like it dont be here please" thing. at least that was my intention.

oh yeah

Def. I have to be mature most of every day, having an outlet is a necessity.

Boos & Butts FTW!

also bottoms :D

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5327[/ATTACH]

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

I need some manly advice guys, I'm not sure how to handle this situation. I'm looking for the Manly solution, and I don't mean the one where I pitch a fit and start a fight or something.

I work in the bush, 3 hours from anywhere, and the company has a camp nearby that we all stay in. They provide busses (though not enough of them) and we all line up after work to wait for the buses to arrive. Well there's TONS of people who think this is preschool and that it's totally acceptable to 'save someone's spot' so now you got a bunch of people cutting in at the last minute to take a spot in the first bus, while all the rest of us, who have been waiting in line, get stuck behind waiting on the second set of busses to arrive.

Now I have no doubt that a real life, honest to goodness man would say "hey folks, this isn't kindergarten, the back of the line is over there." but instead I just clam up and then grumble under my breath. And honestly, I'm about read to grab a nice big wrench and start swinging for the fences. Cuz the primary group that does this is generally known for being petty, childish, and immature (and almost entirely useless and inept) while maintaining a cocky holier-than-though attitude.

I'm not sure if the 'Manly' thing to do is just ignore it and let others do as the will, or step up and express my frustration.

"Oh, fear not in a world like this, And thou shalt know erelong, Know how sublime a thing it is, To suffer and be strong."  - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow -

Battle Log - MyFitnessPal - FitBIt

To get something you've never had, you have to become someone you've never been.

I need some manly advice guys, I'm not sure how to handle this situation. I'm looking for the Manly solution, and I don't mean the one where I pitch a fit and start a fight or something.

I work in the bush, 3 hours from anywhere, and the company has a camp nearby that we all stay in. They provide busses (though not enough of them) and we all line up after work to wait for the buses to arrive. Well there's TONS of people who think this is preschool and that it's totally acceptable to 'save someone's spot' so now you got a bunch of people cutting in at the last minute to take a spot in the first bus, while all the rest of us, who have been waiting in line, get stuck behind waiting on the second set of busses to arrive.

Now I have no doubt that a real life, honest to goodness man would say "hey folks, this isn't kindergarten, the back of the line is over there." but instead I just clam up and then grumble under my breath. And honestly, I'm about read to grab a nice big wrench and start swinging for the fences. Cuz the primary group that does this is generally known for being petty, childish, and immature (and almost entirely useless and inept) while maintaining a cocky holier-than-though attitude.

I'm not sure if the 'Manly' thing to do is just ignore it and let others do as the will, or step up and express my frustration.

Right there. Make them feel like they are acting like an eight year old girl.

Dwarf Monk

Challenge thread

Church, you got the answer yourself. This isn't kindergarten.

Also wtf, YouTube commenters. I said "Seriously, dude, your intro is a minute long. I ain't watching that shit." And immediately I get this reply:

"First of all it's 50 seconds get your fucking facts straight when you want to critisise Shenmue. Secondly, if you don't want to watch the intro either skip it or don't fucking watch it at all you don't have to comment on his video. And finally the intro is epic so shut your fucking mouth and get the fuck off shenmue's videos"

...what the actual fuck.

Quare? Quod vita mea non tua est.

You can call me Phi, Numbers, Sixteen or just plain 161803398874989.

Violence is never the first answer. Tell them they're just little kids, and there is no cutting in line. When that doesn't work, violence is acceptable. Ok, it still isn't acceptable. But if these guys are inept as you say, they shouldn't last much longer if your boss is worth his/her salt.

Digits, it is YouTube. You can't expect any sort of civility there. Especially with a comment like the one you said.

Level 1 Woodwose