Forums are back in action! ×

Men ONLY please...

Guest Snake McClain

I am very realistically going to take a few days still and be m.i.a. just to clear my head. get my emotional state back on track. i'm not sure if laying in bed all day is a good answer or if it needs to be the exact opposite and i go out and do all the things. its an odd position ive never had to consider before. the only reason i dont want to go out is because the look in my eyes and posture is one of sadness...not defeat. but i am crumbled right now and i dont want to be seen this way.

You are allowed to feel this after a breakup man, no worries. Take the time you need to process it all, and when you're ready you'll know it.

Scout: STR: 20.5 | DEX: 13 | STA: 28 | CON: 13.5 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 4

http://51feetunder.wordpress.com/ - Running, Rock & Roll, Rock Climbing and Photography

Fitocracy Profile

Twitter

Latest Challenge

Guest Snake McClain
I'll call off Justin Bieber. Justin! Get back here! Justin!

Fine...

(Grabs hunting rifle)

hilarious. yes. please no bieber. please.

also i'm just going to use dr. horrible to sum up my feelings on this entire matter i'm going through...

I just got notice from a friend that Arnold is going to release a biography next month called Total Recall. There's a trailer on that webpage too. Do you guys think that Arnold has some life experience and manly wisdom worth sharing or nothing new? No matter what you think of the guy, he has accomplished a lot of things. I'm definitely going to read it.

Guest Snake McClain
I just got notice from a friend that Arnold is going to release a biography next month called Total Recall. There's a trailer on that webpage too. Do you guys think that Arnold has some life experience and manly wisdom worth sharing or nothing new? No matter what you think of the guy, he has accomplished a lot of things. I'm definitely going to read it.

i think it would be foolish to ignore any lessons that could be learned form someone so successful.

hilarious. yes. please no bieber. please.

also i'm just going to use dr. horrible to sum up my feelings on this entire matter i'm going through...

For referencing Dr. Horrible, you win 1 free internets. A friend introduced me and my wife to Dr. Horrible and in doing so reaffirmed why we are friends. As others have mentioned, you are allowed a day or two to do nothing. It is far healthier to face your emotions head on and let them play out rather than try to stuff them down. Once you start feeling restless, then commence awsomeness.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Guest Snake McClain

dr. horrible is pretty amazing. its like the best thing ever. i watch it all the time.

to be honest its been half a day and i'm already coming around. like my energy level is up. but i still feel shitty inside.

New to the site and figured I would use this post to jump into this thread of Manyl Awesomeness! Loved how the first page is all about hot teachers. I was lucky and had several through grade school. :P

Snake, I think everyone has given you great advice. If it were me, I would take a day or so and get your emotions out. However, after that I would get pissed off. Ive found that what works best for me is to get all the sadness out in whatever form it may take, and then I transfer all the anger into my program and everytime it has happened like that I have pushed myself to a new level in the gym. Don't let it beat you, its just going to make you into a better person. Good luck!

Wandering WarriorLevel 4- STR: 7.5 | DEX: 1 | CON: 7 | STA: 7.5 | WIS: 10 | CHA: 4.25"Your future is created by what you do TODAY, not tomorrow"

Battle Log | Fitocracy

Lifting Goals: Squats - 545 | Bench - 410 | Deads - 585 

Dr. Horrible is awesome. I still bust out the songs every now and then and sing along. And before I take any flak about it I have to say that I'm just THAT comfortable with my manliness :) lol.

And We may need to get a men's camping/hunting trip together to help Artinum hunt the pop-star. Lol

"Oh, fear not in a world like this, And thou shalt know erelong, Know how sublime a thing it is, To suffer and be strong."  - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow -

Battle Log - MyFitnessPal - FitBIt

To get something you've never had, you have to become someone you've never been.

Sometimes you don't cope, you just have to let it run its course. A workout might help though, get some endorphins pumping. Take the advice of Aqweei and get angry. Before each rep, envision your pain, then get angry at it for hurting you, and do the rep as revenge.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

this is so fucking hard guys. i seriously am just..in so much pain right now. seriously...how is anyone supposed to cope with this? honestly?

You don't cope, you suffer through it. At least in the beginning. Lay in bed all day until you get tired of not doing anything else. As everyone else have said, you're the Man. So we all know that you will conquer this too. Grieve for your losses as long as needed, everyone no matter age and sex suffers from losing people you love (by death or other circumstances), so let the grief exist even if it is painful. It will get better, as everyone here, including me, with awful losses in the past can tell you if you need more assurance. It hurts so bad right now, but it will get better!

love31.gif

Current challenge | Fitocracy | UnTamedTresses

Elf Ranger Level 10STR - 14.75 | DEX - 16.00 | STA - 26.75 | CON - 26.75 | WIS - 27.25 | CHA - 22.00

Snake... Because life gave you lemons ... BOOM!

lemon-godzilla.jpg?cb5e28

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Snake, with everybody being so supportive and emotional I feel I have to play the opposite (and if everybody were being an asshole I'd be nice and compassionate).

First of all, never lose your shit over a woman. There's 3.5 billion other ones.

Second, don't be such a pussy. You think you're the first guy to go through this situation? What gives you the right to curl up in a little ball over the rest of men who have moved forward? Oh, was this girl special? No. No she fucking wasn't. There is no snowflake. There are people you are compatible with and people you aren't, and this chick was the latter.

Press on.

Neutral Good-High Elf Warrior

What we move is far less important than what moves us.

Razor's Three-Fortnight Challenge

Guest Snake McClain
Just tell me when and where, and I'll be there.

i think this is something we'd have to work out as a group. lol

lemon-godzilla.jpg?cb5e28

this is the most amazing thing ever. new avatar anyone???

Snake, with everybody being so supportive and emotional I feel I have to play the opposite (and if everybody were being an asshole I'd be nice and compassionate).

First of all, never lose your shit over a woman. There's 3.5 billion other ones.

Second, don't be such a pussy. You think you're the first guy to go through this situation? What gives you the right to curl up in a little ball over the rest of men who have moved forward? Oh, was this girl special? No. No she fucking wasn't. There is no snowflake. There are people you are compatible with and people you aren't, and this chick was the latter.

Press on.

trying to believe this.

this is the most amazing thing ever. new avatar anyone???

I am always content to know that my contributions, however small, can still make a difference ^_^

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."