Forums are back in action! ×

Men ONLY please...

Guest Snake McClain

so what's the big deal about 1k posts? did i miss something?

And you win. Questioning the big deal of 1k posts and doing it on the 1,000th post. /cheers!!

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

BOOBS AND BUTTS AND NAKED WOMEN AND CARS AND FIRE AND FIXING THINGS AND KILLING BEARS WITH BARE HANDS AND WRESTLING AND LIFTING HEAVY STUFF
Is there any possible way I can make a living out of doing this?

Current life goals:

Eat Paleo | Work Primal | Find a Job | Relax | Get more sleep

April 2012 goals:

10 Chin-ups | 45 Push-ups | Cut out sugary snacks

"The 'amazing' can only be created by facing fear, risk, and failure during the process." -Joel Brown

"A brave man is not a man who is not afraid, but one who's will is stronger than his fear." -Unknown

Guest Snake McClain
And you win. Questioning the big deal of 1k posts and doing it on the 1,000th post. /cheers!!

i seriously didnt do it on purpose. i wasn't even counting. I burst out laughing when i saw this. all my coworkers are staring....

I guess it's only appropriate. i started the thread i should have the 1,000th post ya?

so what does this mean?

i think this is called being a lumberjack.

Hefty lumberjack beard included or sold separately?

Current life goals:

Eat Paleo | Work Primal | Find a Job | Relax | Get more sleep

April 2012 goals:

10 Chin-ups | 45 Push-ups | Cut out sugary snacks

"The 'amazing' can only be created by facing fear, risk, and failure during the process." -Joel Brown

"A brave man is not a man who is not afraid, but one who's will is stronger than his fear." -Unknown

so what does this mean?

Simply that the ratio of posts to threads for the Men's Guild is skewed very heavily due to this one thread :)

Putting math to it. Average posts per thread:

Women's Guild: ~31

Men's Guild: ~183

*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

Guest Snake McClain
Hefty lumberjack beard included or sold separately?

uhm...i'm not sure because i'm not a lumberjack. hopefully included because i can't grow one.

Simply that the ratio of posts to threads for the Men's Guild is skewed very heavily due to this one thread :)

oh. that's it? well that is lame. I was hoping for a shirt or a snow cap or something.

Pssh, who cares about 1000? REAL nerds are looking forward to 1024! :smug:

I was more thinking

OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!1!!11!!!11111!!!

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

I was more thinking

OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!1!!11!!!11111!!!

lol Nice! In answering Fryingbox's question, being unemployed is alright, I'm able to study and learn to cook and clean, but with no income and my Students loans looming over the horizon, I'm getting more and more concerned... Unless either someone here pays my debts, or I win the lotto.

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

WHERE HAS THE MEN'S GUILD GONE?!?!

We got Drunk with power and abused the rules, therefore we've been moved to the Pub.

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

It looks like she also moved the non fitness related posts out of the women's guild too. I'm guessing she got rid of the guild because of the lack of fitness related men specific threads. There were one or two if I recall as well as the life-leveling topic of meeting wome bt maybe that wasn't enough. I expect some sort of reason, but in the meantime we can keep using this thread.

The Tin Man: Cyborg Ranger

Tin Man's Out of Date Epic Quest

I am what I do.

I'm not okay with this at all.

Okay, fine, lock the topics talking about the other gender if that's causing friction in the community. A couple of topics closed down to maintain harmony in the community is nothing to lose sleep over. But the entire men's group is gone while the women's group is still there with a few locked topics. That's just not something I can get behind. It wouldn't be fair if the women's group was closed and the men's left open, and it's not fair this way either.

I mean, really. When there was a problem that she called the men's guild on, the posters in that topic didn't try to resurrect it. If there was a clear reason to close the group, there should have made an announcement explaining the decision, no?

Regards,

P

Guest Snake McClain

Okay, fine, lock the topics talking about the other gender if that's causing friction in the community. A couple of topics closed down to maintain harmony in the community is nothing to lose sleep over. But the entire men's group is gone while the women's group is still there with a few locked topics. That's just not something I can get behind. It wouldn't be fair if the women's group was closed and the men's left open, and it's not fair this way either.

I mean, really. When there was a problem that she called the men's guild on, the posters in that topic didn't try to resurrect it. If there was a clear reason to close the group, there should have made an announcement explaining the decision, no?

Regards,

P

I sort of agree. But it isn't my forum (or is it all of ours?). Really if they want to take a guild away that's fine. If it is because there wasn't enough fitness related stuff well I can't sepak on that. The guild was new and I know that I was trying to get somewhere with the men's inspiration photos but it just hasn't got there yet I guess. really though it's fine with me. I'm just happy to be here. Although I agree about "fairness". but what's fair? And I could probably turn this into a big thing but I'd prefer to remain a part of the community and just shut up. :D

Regards,

P

They weren't locked. They were moved to Off Topic because many were off topic.

The Tin Man: Cyborg Ranger

Tin Man's Out of Date Epic Quest

I am what I do.

OK....just hopped online and saw this. I don't get it, and I don't buy the whole "not enough fitness topics" reason. The description was something like "Men only discussions" which suggests anything we want to talk about within the scope of the rules, etc. The Bully thread was great, as was the thread about Dating. Sure, there may have been a bit of chatter back and forth about women in our discussions and vice versa, but how long did this guild last? A week? Direction was recently given/reinforced about what is and is not appropriate, and I felt that we were acknowledging and abiding by that.

And yes Atomic! Trash the Men's guild, but leave the Women's?? Sure, some of the topics in the Women's guild were moved, but their guild still exists.

And I agree Bruce, it isn't my forum (and the argument could be made it is all of ours), but to have this happen without warning, an announcement, nothing! Come on! I guess, I just want to know the reason for dumping the guild.