Forums are back in action! ×

Men ONLY please...

Guest Snake McClain

Binary would be more efficient still. I'm almost as quick with binary/hex as I am with decimal bit that's the combination of a youth (mis?)spent writing 8 bit computer games for my own amusement and working with tcp/ip networks for a couple of years before NAT etc. so having to be able to super/subnet in my head.

I used to do the subnetting in my head out of fun. That has helped me quicken up my binary counting. Never did any programming, so I don't do any hex.

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

This shirt was the one that gave me the idea.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3720[/ATTACH]

And here is a decimal representation of each finger across both hands. The only difference is I use my thumbs to represent 1 and 32.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3721[/ATTACH]

Level 1 Woodwose

This shirt was the one that gave me the idea.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3720[/ATTACH]

And here is a decimal representation of each finger across both hands. The only difference is I use my thumbs to represent 1 and 32.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3721[/ATTACH]

Wars have been started over less you deviant.

I'm reminded of an old (3rd rock from sun?) episode where a man is inspecting his nails either palm facing or palm facing away "manly ... Not manly'

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

so the girl i got the number from the other day? after talking to her it has been made clear to me she is sort of a lazy person with no ambition or drive. Not my kind of person at all. Oh well.

Is there a Possibly chance that you can inspire her to be not lazy? Some people might need an example, so perhaps you being in her life will inspire her?

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

I think the universe of meme's is trying to tell us all something about dividing by zero, lets review shall we? For humor, the best meme's I have found to teach us this lesson are:

You're arguing with a mathematics student, you can't win!

Quare? Quod vita mea non tua est.

You can call me Phi, Numbers, Sixteen or just plain 161803398874989.

Guest Snake McClain
Is there a Possibly chance that you can inspire her to be not lazy? Some people might need an example, so perhaps you being in her life will inspire her?

no way. that isn't my style. I don't want someone i need to "work on" and i don't want to be the kind of person that does anyway.

no way. that isn't my style. I don't want someone i need to "work on" and i don't want to be the kind of person that does anyway.

Everybody needs work. Ideally, that's what a relationship is: making you each better as a result of the other. Soul mates, or people who are perfect together from day 1, don't exist. If you think she's perfect in every way, chances are you don't know her well enough or she's got a few issues with you.

IDDQD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Current Challenge

Race: MALIETOA

Class: WARRIOR

STR: 4 | DEX: 1 | STA: 1 | CON: 3 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 4

Maybe nobody is perfect, but if you don't like the person enough at the start to overlook the little things that frustrate or irritate, then I don't think you should be together. You cannot change a person and you cannot work on changing someone else into what you want. The only person you can change is yourself.

Reminds me of an old story about the girl who got married and said she was going to change this, this, this and .... about her new husband. Five years later she files for divorce and when he asks why, she says "You're not the man I married!"

Maybe I am a bit of a romantic, but I fundamentally believe some couples were clearly made for each other. I like to think that about my wife and me! Yes, we argue and have differences of opinion and yes, there are some things that she does that drive me nuts, and vice versa. But, at the end of the day, she is the person I want to come home to and spend my free time with.

Do not worry if you have built your castles in the air.
They are where they should be.
Now put the foundations under them
. - Henry David Thoreau

Maybe nobody is perfect, but if you don't like the person enough at the start to overlook the little things that frustrate or irritate, then I don't think you should be together. You cannot change a person and you cannot work on changing someone else into what you want. The only person you can change is yourself.

Reminds me of an old story about the girl who got married and said she was going to change this, this, this and .... about her new husband. Five years later she files for divorce and when he asks why, she says "You're not the man I married!"

Maybe I am a bit of a romantic, but I fundamentally believe some couples were clearly made for each other. I like to think that about my wife and me! Yes, we argue and have differences of opinion and yes, there are some things that she does that drive me nuts, and vice versa. But, at the end of the day, she is the person I want to come home to and spend my free time with.

Fair enough, I think it's just a question of symantics (and perhaps I'm just more cynical about it since both my folks have been divorced twice). Yes there's a limit, but my primary point is that everyone needs work. Even in your case, you admitted there were things about your wife that drove you nuts. You guys may be perfect for each other, but you aren't perfect.

IDDQD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Current Challenge

Race: MALIETOA

Class: WARRIOR

STR: 4 | DEX: 1 | STA: 1 | CON: 3 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 4

sounds like an ex I had, luckily it never got that far...she was messed up(shiver)

Scout: STR: 20.5 | DEX: 13 | STA: 28 | CON: 13.5 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 4

http://51feetunder.wordpress.com/ - Running, Rock & Roll, Rock Climbing and Photography

Fitocracy Profile

Twitter

Latest Challenge

Guest Snake McClain
Everybody needs work. Ideally, that's what a relationship is: making you each better as a result of the other. Soul mates, or people who are perfect together from day 1, don't exist. If you think she's perfect in every way, chances are you don't know her well enough or she's got a few issues with you.

everyone needs work yes. but it is not my job to influence someone to workout or be ambitious in life. if that is the case then i would quickly become their crutch for when things get bad or hard. or they would just quit and justify why they are the way they are. it's just what people do. i've seen a lot of it.

This is what I mean. Sure people have disagreements and such or just different opinions but a core personality difference of, "i work hard at being a better person of health, mind and whatever" and "i don't do anything" are vastly different. And i'm certainly not going to justify something negative just for the sake of hanging out with a pretty girl that likes comics and some similar music. lol. I am willing to work at a realtionship WITH someone but i am in no way going to work ON someone.

Best piece of adivice I've had:

"Don't fuck with anyone more fucked-up than you are."

Very true, and still true if you remove "with" from that sentence - if not more so.

I don't know... It does make things interesting. VERY interesting... You never know true love until you almost have your throat slit in bed... Sadly, true story.

Level 1 Woodwose

I don't know if I should laugh or facepalm. Probably both, at the same time :)

is it wrong that

My mind automatically removed the "with" when I first read it? I can see the justification but my problem is that crazy people are just so interesting and inventive ... In all sorts of ways. Probably because if they aren't nobody bothers to put up with their crap ;)

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

100%
100%

100.0%
100.0%
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

(Artinum sometimes suspects he IS the crazy one...)

Nothing wrong with that. There is always the crazy one. I say take the initiative and the title of crazy. Makes things more fun!

Got another shorter excerpt of the Trials of Love (Maybe I should take my stories and make an actual book, using a pseudonym of course, I don't want anybody knowing that this is really LeadChipmunk's stories)...

I went out with a girl to Karaoke night at a bar tonight. The girl is pretty much my best friend and there is no attraction towards her (though we do joke that we were a "dating without benefits" for a while. 2 years we saw each other and went out all the time, but only as friends. Never had a fight during that time. Can't say that about anybody that I have dated before.) so I cannot complete our little challenge this easily (plus she's pregnant and the father is in Afghanistan right now, and I'm not that bad). Anyway, at the bar there were only two remotely good looking girls. One was a girl that we came with (along with her boyfriend) as the other girl, it was her 21st birthday. So, the usual wasted off her bum was in effect. I had a serious dilemma here. Naturally I would have flirted with the girl that we came with, I could also try flirting with the birthday girl. I decided on just being the wallflower and just watch grandma get down. Seriously, there was an awesome grandma on the dance floor shaking her booty like she was 18 and on spring break. Hilarious, to say the least. I think I made the right choice, I'm trying to avoid meddling in another couple's affairs if I can help it, and I have a problem with serious flirting with wasted girls.

Level 1 Woodwose

I have a problem with serious flirting with wasted girls.

Me too, there's normally a queue and I'm too polite to push in. Honestly it's like blood in the water at a Piranha tank

100%
100%

100.0%
100.0%
110%
110%

My problem is more that I feel like I am taking advantage of an unfair situation. I do not drink and was only affected by lack of sleep, she was so far gone she couldn't even look straight, let alone think straight. I prefer more equal standings for the game that is known as flirting. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I like a challenge.

Level 1 Woodwose