Forums are back in action! ×

Men ONLY please...

Guest Snake McClain

I did forget about Khan Academy. I had it bookmarked from a while back for more intense browsing, but never got around to it and it slipped my mind. Just scroll down from the main page and the first thing that comes up is Algebra. Lots of topics in there, and everything is on (YouTube) video, so it is more like having an actual instructor.

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

Damn. Thanks a ton guys. You guys rock. I just meed to prove I can do this. Failure is not an option.

You got this, Snake! If you can muster the courage to ask a girl out, then taking on the rest of the world is a piece of cake!

Allow me some advice: Whenever you feel overwhelmed, simply step back for 5 seconds, clear your mind take deep breaths, grit your teeth and dive back in Head first. Works for me everytime, and i'm in the same "Can't fail" situation that you're in. Always focus on the task at hand, and you can focus a lot easier if you put the rest of the world in the back of your mind, you can't focus on algebra while working out nor can you think about exercising when you're supposed to be thinking about Algebra. Give everything it's own time to be thought about and block out the rest. When you're done with Algebra, stop thinking about it as soon as you walk out that door. Worrying over things you cannot change will only mess you up.

As Sun Tzu said, "When you're fighting many opponents, make the battle into a series of one-on-one fights"... I think that's what he said, I forgot who said it, but the advice is sound! We've got your back, And should you need help with Biology, I offer you my services (along with a lab coat!)

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Guest Snake McClain
You got this, Snake! If you can muster the courage to ask a girl out, then taking on the rest of the world is a piece of cake!

Allow me some advice: Whenever you feel overwhelmed, simply step back for 5 seconds, clear your mind take deep breaths, grit your teeth and dive back in Head first. Works for me everytime, and i'm in the same "Can't fail" situation that you're in. Always focus on the task at hand, and you can focus a lot easier if you put the rest of the world in the back of your mind, you can't focus on algebra while working out nor can you think about exercising when you're supposed to be thinking about Algebra. Give everything it's own time to be thought about and block out the rest. When you're done with Algebra, stop thinking about it as soon as you walk out that door. Worrying over things you cannot change will only mess you up.

As Sun Tzu said, "When you're fighting many opponents, make the battle into a series of one-on-one fights"... I think that's what he said, I forgot who said it, but the advice is sound! We've got your back, And should you need help with Biology, I offer you my services (along with a lab coat!)

I definitely needed to hear this today. I've made my plan. I'm going to go for it. A piece at a time. I've got a plan on how I will do my work and school balance as well. I will do my best and give my all. I can only hope I'm capable of this task.

Guest Snake McClain

I've decided I'm just going to open it up here and talk about what's going on. So you gents can understand why this is wearing down on me.

So I've been dating this girl for a while. you know this (probably). And the other day as we were talking it came up in conversation that we could potentially be together for a very long time...even for good. The chemistry is there. The maturity is there. There is a lot of good going on and I'm not seeing the bad. And i'm looking for it. I always look for it. i don't see it. anyway...that led the conversation to talking about what would that mean for the future. There are some weird time lines for us but basically I was going to start school. She would continue to work on her business. Now if we are to come together at some point in the next year or so that changes some things. Well as this went on she said, "This motivates me to really push into my work and get it farther along so our life can be smoother." And I said, "Wow. That really means a lot to me that you would consider me being important enough for you to work harder to make things easier." ....the next day she told me that she had concerns about that conversation and that she will not provide for us as i was in school (that second year if we were to be married or whatever at that point). Then I had to explain to her that I wasn't thinking that AT ALL, but just that i was flattered that she was so secure in what we could have that she would start working harder now to make life in general easier down the road. not that I was needing or even wanting to be provided for (if you know Snake you know that I would never accept this). She went on to say how she was afraid that she is just now turning a profit in her business and it's been really hard. She wants to move forward and she cannot afford for her and her son to move backwards. And i kept trying to tell her I would not allow that to happen. Ever. So i have no changed school plans. All online, and I'm going to work full time. this is to prove to her I'm serious and I'm not screwing around. So my question to you dudes....

How would YOU prove this to her? My plan is this: I am going to say, "I am starting school next month. I am going to work and go to school both. I have my plan and here it is (state plan) and now you just need to trust me and we won't bring it up again unless I'm not doing that it gets left alone."

Man counsel...Advise?

I've decided I'm just going to open it up here and talk about what's going on. So you gents can understand why this is wearing down on me.

So I've been dating this girl for a while. you know this (probably). And the other day as we were talking it came up in conversation that we could potentially be together for a very long time...even for good. The chemistry is there. The maturity is there. There is a lot of good going on and I'm not seeing the bad. And i'm looking for it. I always look for it. i don't see it. anyway...that led the conversation to talking about what would that mean for the future. There are some weird time lines for us but basically I was going to start school. She would continue to work on her business. Now if we are to come together at some point in the next year or so that changes some things. Well as this went on she said, "This motivates me to really push into my work and get it farther along so our life can be smoother." And I said, "Wow. That really means a lot to me that you would consider me being important enough for you to work harder to make things easier." ....the next day she told me that she had concerns about that conversation and that she will not provide for us as i was in school (that second year if we were to be married or whatever at that point). Then I had to explain to her that I wasn't thinking that AT ALL, but just that i was flattered that she was so secure in what we could have that she would start working harder now to make life in general easier down the road. not that I was needing or even wanting to be provided for (if you know Snake you know that I would never accept this). She went on to say how she was afraid that she is just now turning a profit in her business and it's been really hard. She wants to move forward and she cannot afford for her and her son to move backwards. And i kept trying to tell her I would not allow that to happen. Ever. So i have no changed school plans. All online, and I'm going to work full time. this is to prove to her I'm serious and I'm not screwing around. So my question to you dudes....

How would YOU prove this to her? My plan is this: I am going to say, "I am starting school next month. I am going to work and go to school both. I have my plan and here it is (state plan) and now you just need to trust me and we won't bring it up again unless I'm not doing that it gets left alone."

Man counsel...Advise?

That's great! One thing you have to do, when you're going to tell her your plan is to try to understand her concerns, she's not just thinking about herself, Whenever she thinks of herself, she's really thinking about Her AND her Kid. This weights a LOT on a parent. So when you're going to re-assure her that you will hold your own, keep this in mind. My guess would be that she had a bad experience in the past and wound up the Suga Mama for someone unworthy. (random guess, not trying to be offensive) But if that's true, that also would cause her to have more concerns, because she wants you and Her to work.

When you explain your plan, try to be understanding of her concerns, and let her know how much you're willing to make life easier for her. be honest ("I know this isn't going to be easy, but... etc etc"), be sincere("You can trust me" VS "you need to trust me"), and be strong ("We can do this.")

Always remember the WHY in her worries and concerns, Why is she worried about this? > What made her worry about this? > So on... If you can get even a SLIGHT grasp of her perspective, it'll help tons.

my two Pesos

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

Guest Snake McClain

Exactly. I'm weighing all of that. I know I can do it. Its a matter of a)proving it and b)her trusting me as I fulfill my word.

Oh... Well as the old saying goes, "Actions Speak Louder than Words."

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

First off, it is fantastic that things are going so great for you guys! Congrats man!

Secondly, just do it to it. Nothing you can really say will reassure someone as well as your actions will. Its like Red said. Show her that you are serious about going to school, and that you are serious about her. Show her that you can provide for yourself, and them.

All in all, you got this. We are here for you.

Now, if we are not careful girls will read this thread and realize we have emotions and thoughts. This potentially could be dangerous. :P

Man counsel...Advise?

Red's advice is spot on, the only thing I will add is get rid of the "we won't bring it up again unless I'm not doing that it gets left alone" clause. This needs to be a discussion, she may have concerns that she hasn't brought up yet and you may have overlooked. Let her know that you can revisit this plan at any point in your life together. Knowing the plan is fluid and involves 2 people is much more reassuring than trusting you welfare and your kid's welfare on one person's plan.

Now, if we are not careful girls will read this thread and realize we have emotions and thoughts. This potentially could be dangerous. :P

Quick, let's smoke bomb the girls and hide our emotions...

So, I was at the gym the other day and this girl went to the squat rack and I noticed something. Yoga pants and BW squats are a wonderful combination. Men, agree or disagree and prepare to defend yourself (physically if need be).

Level 1 Woodwose

Snake, have you considered waiting? I mean, if everything's as good as you make it out to be, why rush? Are you going to lose it somehow? I'd tell her we'd wait.

So, I was at the gym the other day and this girl went to the squat rack and I noticed something. Yoga pants and BW squats are a wonderful combination. Men, agree or disagree and prepare to defend yourself (physically if need be).

The one thing better than yoga pants and BW squats are yoga pants and GHRs.

Quare? Quod vita mea non tua est.

You can call me Phi, Numbers, Sixteen or just plain 161803398874989.

The one thing better than yoga pants and BW squats are yoga pants and GHRs.

Now I wish I really did go to the gym... Men, I have a request. When something like the above happens to you, ogle twice as hard for me. If you catch any flack, just tell them I told you to do it, they'll understand.

Level 1 Woodwose

Sorry to backtrack on the bum staring guys, but back to Snake's issues...

It sounds to me like she is able to provide for her and her kin just fine, but she can't provide for her, her kin, and school/living expenses for someone else.

To me, it sounds perfectly reasonable that, for now, you guys just do your own thing, financially; she does her, you do you. That way, I doubt you even have to work full-time, ESPECIALLY if you take advantage of the multitude of back-to-school bursaries, grants, and loans available to you.

Really, I don't think you are in a tight spot at all. I personally know someone who put themselves through engineering while working full time as a mechanic. Sure he was a little more haggard than everyone else, and was nowhere to be found near bars on the weekend, but it's doable.

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

Guest Snake McClain
Sorry to backtrack on the bum staring guys, but back to Snake's issues...

It sounds to me like she is able to provide for her and her kin just fine, but she can't provide for her, her kin, and school/living expenses for someone else.

To me, it sounds perfectly reasonable that, for now, you guys just do your own thing, financially; she does her, you do you. That way, I doubt you even have to work full-time, ESPECIALLY if you take advantage of the multitude of back-to-school bursaries, grants, and loans available to you.

Really, I don't think you are in a tight spot at all. I personally know someone who put themselves through engineering while working full time as a mechanic. Sure he was a little more haggard than everyone else, and was nowhere to be found near bars on the weekend, but it's doable.

Agreed. I don't think its an issue at all. We did have a talk and she said she didn't want to think about or plan a future and just go day by day. Which I'm all for. Totally. The issue now is she's acting a bit funny and I'm hoping its just a readjust and not her trying to back away completely. I will know I'm about 13to minutes as we are going to a movie together. I'm scare. I Cam tell you that for sure.

I agree with what leadchipmunk said earlier. It has to be a two way conversation. That's what it's a relationship for.

Plus, she'll probably be your closest most consistent, most valuable supporter if things get tough doing school and work full time. She should totally be right next to you every step of the way.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

Cowboy - Human Adventurer
STR: 3 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 2 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 3

Guest Snake McClain

She is confusing me. She is in this "i don't want to lose you but I can't commit to you" thing. I told her that's fine and I'll make some space so she gets comfortable. And now she's telling me basically she doesn't want me at all because she can't commit. I'm so confused. and hurt. What's the point of drawing out someones heart...bringing them back to life just to put them down again? This is exactly EXACTLY why I don't date. Things go awesome, then one day it's decided I'm not good enough and they move on. I rarely get attached but when I do I get crushed.

A relationship is all about give and take. There's always gonna be compromise. With compromise comes options and with options everybody has to put in 100 percent.

As far as you go Snake, I think of everything that's happening, you did not give up on dating and find somebody that's completely right for you somebody who will not play with your emotions and drag you down to the ground. I'm not saying she's a wonderful lady it's just that She currently has trust or commitment issues in general And those can take a lot of time and Effort to figure out And usually stem from a psychological issue usually from her past.

But honestly do not give up and just keep going for It. Just remember to not dig a hole that you cannot get out of.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2 using speech to text tool that does not work very well

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|Ogre Monk|

My Challenge to all NF'ers