Forums are back in action! ×

Milestone Woot!

Today I completed 5 x 5 100KG (220lbs) squats! Squatting with two wheels now, baby :D

Next up ... 100KG bench press, or 3 wheels (140KG/308lbs) on the dead lift, both have a ways to go though.

3 wheels on the deadlift cleared! That came quicker than I though, but sure as hell was not easy. Like spezzy in that photo, I was showing teeth, but I wasn't smiling :chuncky:

(Please, no one point out that spezzy's was 315lbs, and mine was only 308lbs... it was 3 big plates on either end of the bar! Stupid imperial measurement system, *grumble grumble*)

Loooooong way to go before I get that bench though.

Big lifts! Nice job! Isn't it nice to add the next big plate, even if they are metric?

This is like when Sergei Bubka used to break all those records... some in Imperial, some in Metric. I seem to remember he dedicated the first time over 20ft to the people of America. Hit 315 and dedicate it to us!

Here you go Book, I dedicate this morning's effort to all nations still using the Imperial measurement system! Finally got it off the ground 5 times, you wouldn't think an extra 5KG/11 pounds would be that much harder, but it took me a little while!

Woo! My lifting season ended (boo spring break) about 10 pounds away from 220 on my squat, and 5 pounds away on my DL, so naturally I'm jealous. :P

Never think of pain or danger or enemies a moment longer than is necessary to fight them. -Ayn Rand

Amongst those less skilled you can see all this energy escaping through contorted faces, gritted teeth and tight shoulders that consume huge

amounts of effort but contribute nothing to achieving the task.