Forums are back in action! ×

I have returned!!!

Ok rebellion I have made it back...haven't posted much at all really and haven't posted anything since '14!!! Yikes!!!

Ok so here is a break down of goings on in my life: 

I joined an MMA gym here in my home town...love it, been there for about 1.5 yrs, decided I would train to fight...at least once. Lets be honest I was 38 

when I walked through there doors and realized that it wasn't exactly going to be a long term hobby of actively competing. So after 6 months of training

I was given an opportunity to fight in a muay Thai match yay! The plan was to go from 185# to 155#....I had all of 2 months. 

Let me assure you I don't EVER want to do that again...it was rough! I suppose I should mention that I'm 5'8" so dropping weight would match me up with someone 

closer to my height. I showed up on fight day unsure of who my opponent was, apparently things like that happen with amateurs. Unfortunately I was matched up 

in the co-main event haha  :nevreness:  :nightmare: it didn't go so well for me, I lost and received a broken rib...BUT man oh man did I have fun anyways :friendly_wink:

I had to take some time off after that to heal but was back in the gym as soon as I was able. 

post-25063-0-05516400-1453316449_thumb.j I'm the rather pail fellow there

This Saturday was to be my 1st MMA fight(yay) but I re broke my rib during training(booo) it's a big let down, but I did learn something from my Dr...

apparently when I went about my crash diet I leached nutrients from my bones and connective tissues which contributed to me being broken during training.

Moral of the story, take your time and don't be a dummy like me hahaha :distress:  

I have decided though that I am going to start really focusing on weight training again and gaining my size and strength back...and frequenting the forums here with renewed vigor!!!

Hey and if you made it this far thank you for reading  :highly_amused:

Sorry to hear about your injury, but it at least makes for good stories.  "Let me tell you about my broken foot, both wrists, 1 rib, jaw, etc."  :)

Hope you recover quickly, and can get into a more sustainable training pattern!  Best of luck.

• Like 1

Lvl 4 Mystical Taoist Priest

"All teachings are mere references. The true experience is living your own life. Then, even the holiest of words are only words." - Ming-Dao Deng

Challenge #1 2 3 4

Thanks for the story and good luck repairing and preparing.  Realization of past mistakes is wonderful - now come back stronger than ever and kick some butt!  

• Like 1

"No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training.

It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." - Socrates

BeerRanger  *  Battle Log  *  Current Challenge