Forums are back in action! ×

Handstand pushups FTW!

Thanks guys! I have the advantage of being able to practise them in a room with (judo) mats on the floor, so fallling isn't as much of an issue :-)

And if you want to be able to do them, practise standing on your hands (against a wall) and focus on shoulder strength (Shoulder press, push press, pullups)

Congrats.

I've been slow playing progress towards them, getting comfortable with handstands. I think that I probably can do them (well headstand pushups, going to shoulder level and not head top level is a totally different game), I can do nearly vertical decline pushups and partial ROM headstand pushups, it is just getting past the fear of failing, coming crashing down on the top of my head, that is the hang up. Hopefully with more handstand time and more partial ROM reps I'll get past this fear and just go for it.

currently cutting

battle log challenges: 21,20, 19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

don't panic!

Congrats, Jon! That's awesome.

I wonder... do people lean against a wall to avoid falling over, or is that considered cheating for a handstand pushup?

I do have my feet against the wall, i hope i didn't have people thinking i could do them standing free :topsy_turvy:

And thanks everyone! It feels really awesome to be able to do such things. Things that make 'normal' people say, i could never do that! :untroubled: