Forums are back in action! ×

Hello!! I'm SaturnGirl, but you can call me Ali. :-) I'm a lifelong nerd; my username comes from Saturn Girl from the Legion of Superheroes. She's been one of my favorite superheroes since middle school, and I always dreamed about being invited to join the Legion (never mind the fact that they live 1000 years in the future). With my big 30th birthday looming this year, and a horrible number on the scale, I decided it was time to finally tap my own inner superhero! I may not be able to read minds or shoot lightning out of my fingers, but I can at least learn how to do a pull-up and run a 5K in less than 30 minutes. :-)

I've started the Angry Birds workout, I do intervals on the treadmill a few times a week, and I'm generally trying to clean my diet up (not sure I can do the whole Paleo thing -- you'll have to pry my wine and cheese out of my cold, dead hands). Looking forward to getting involved w/ this awesome community!

Saturn Girl, level 1 Amazonian Adventurer
STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 4 | WIS 3 | CHA 2

fitocracy | challenge 1 | why is Saturn Girl my hero?

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Welcome from another almost 30 who just wants to do a freakin pull up!

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

Thanks everyone! Looks like there are quite a few people from the DMV here... we'll have to do a meetup sometime :-)

Atalan -- thanks! When I was looking up pics of Saturn Girl, I really wanted to find a badass shot instead of a cheesecake shot.

Saturn Girl, level 1 Amazonian Adventurer
STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 4 | WIS 3 | CHA 2

fitocracy | challenge 1 | why is Saturn Girl my hero?

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon