Forums are back in action! ×

Lonely/bored/misunderstood

I actually find very few people IRL that I can tolerate. I'm a bit of curmudgeon. So, I get what you're saying. Sometimes I think, "I'd like to go get a beer and have some good conversation." then I realize I know no one with whom that would be a possibility (aside from the boyfriend).

NF Atlanta meet-up at the Highlander? :) (or pick your pub.... that's just the one all my friends gather at when there are non-house gatherings.)

I wish people could understand the real effects of weight lifting on women off the bat.

I think they're afraid of looking like this UGA cheerleader: http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/training-day/201201/college-footballs-strongest-cheerleader

Old Battle Log

I guess my nerdiness shows through at times. About 95% of the time, pairs I see at the gym don't get much done. They do too much talkie talkie and not enough liftee liftee. There is one couple I've seen that set up bars next to each other and do the same lifts with different weights. I'm pretty sure they are competitve cross fitters from some of the exercises I've seen. So take advantage of your solitude to work harder. As others have said, we're here, and its likely you will pick up a friend IRL just out of curiosity.

I actually lifted alone for the first time in a while last night, and I didn't like it. I missed my workout buddy. I find she motivates me when I want to quit. We chat quite a bit between sets but as soon as our wait time is up we work. But I hear that a lot... I don't get that.

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

NF Atlanta meet-up at the Highlander? :) (or pick your pub.... that's just the one all my friends gather at when there are non-house gatherings.)

I think they're afraid of looking like this UGA cheerleader: http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/training-day/201201/college-footballs-strongest-cheerleader

Is that the one by the Midtown Arts Cinema?

I read that article yesterday. Showed some people at work who happened to be hanging out around my desk. They immediately said steroids. I said, she probably lifts heavy, does isometrics and eats super clean. *sigh*

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

I dun know, she looks pretty scary.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I read that article yesterday. Showed some people at work who happened to be hanging out around my desk. They immediately said steroids. I said, she probably lifts heavy, does isometrics and eats super clean. *sigh*

I am surprized that she squats more than deadlifts. I guess she doesn't train deads as often.

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

I think so (it's in the Midtown Promenade shopping plaza in the corner).

I am surprized that she squats more than deadlifts. I guess she doesn't train deads as often.

My boyfriend is the one who sent me the link. His comments were: No, please don't look like that. Then he followed: Shouldn't she deadlift more than she squats? (I guess he *has* been listening to me blather on about my lifts.)

Old Battle Log