Forums are back in action! ×

Introducing Ladywildross

Hi!

Some of you know my husband, wildross.

that means, I'm his wife!

After the five babies, I was a slim 115 pounds with 14% body fat. Then, a hysterectomy changed my body systems, and other things happened, and I added weight...much weight.

I want to lose weight for my health.

To lose weight, I have to move.

Moving has been a problem before!

In Nov 2009, I had worked through physical therapy(not personal trainers) in order to complete a modified sprint triathlon.

I was recovering, or attempting to recover from foot, ankle, knee, hip, lower back, and neck problems, and while I was in rehab, I started swimming and biking, and walking.

Nov 17th, I was able to complete a modified sprint - with time between events to check blood sugar and replace electrolytes - walking at 4mph, and riding a recumbent bike.

My goal was to compete in a TrekWomen beginner's sprint in June of 2010.

In May of 2010, I started a series of surgeries on my feet, that includes the latest, which was done on Dec 29, 2011.

I never got to participate in my 'real' triathlon...and with tendons breaking down right and left(literally), I have not been able to perform my own methods of exercise.

During my latest nonweight bearing excursion, I have tried to eat 'clean' - though there are times that the pain, and despair have led me to ask for something extra.

I love the rebellion...I've been getting the emails for a while...and all I need to do is change one thing at a time.

Hopefully, on Feb 8th, I will be moved from non weight bearing to a 'boot' in which I can walk.

I hope to get to start swimming soon after that.

And I just got an article about how great bicycling is on knees, so, there are my three events.

I wont set myself a goal for any triathlon this time...but I am setting myself a goal of aiming for a triathlon!

This time, my husband is going to help me add weight training - I need to build back muscle that has been lost through the 6 or 7 surgeries over the past 18 months.

I am rebelling against what all the doctors say...but this time, I'm going to take it day by day.

~LadyWildRoss

In His hands and Under His wings, Phil 4:13; Is 40:31; Jer 29:11
 Adventurer by choice

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii missus wildrossssssssssssssssssssss!

I'm sure you'll be more than welcome, especially if you make fun of lordwildross every once in a while, or once every day, whichever.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Everybody chime in!

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii missus wildrossssssssssssssssssssss! :)

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

I'm sure you'll be more than welcome, especially if you make fun of lordwildross every once in a while, or once every day, whichever.

Thanks for encouraging her....I knew I could count on you guys and gals.

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

Just jumping in here to say - I'M HERE FOR REAL NOW!

I'm not a figment of anyone's imagination....

I am tackling this rehab one day at a time...sort of...when I remember that it's only one day at a time! ;-)

Thanks to everyone that welcomed me in January!

I completed a 60 day T-Tapp challenge to rework my head a bit....and now, I'm here.

In His hands and Under His wings, Phil 4:13; Is 40:31; Jer 29:11
 Adventurer by choice

Just jumping in here to say - I'M HERE FOR REAL NOW!

I'm not a figment of anyone's imagination....

I am tackling this rehab one day at a time...sort of...when I remember that it's only one day at a time! ;-)

Thanks to everyone that welcomed me in January!

I completed a 60 day T-Tapp challenge to rework my head a bit....and now, I'm here.

I am pretty sure I sent you a friend request the first week I joined! And now you're here!!

YIPPEE!!!!

xoxoxoxox