Forums are back in action! ×

Doing it the healthy way this time

I have done this before. Yes and I got to where I wanted and then I gained it all again. The last time I did it, it was for the stupid (but oh, so gorgeous) wedding dress. But it was not healthy. I did some stuff I am not proud of. And of course, after the honeymoon, it all came back - at just the right places - belly, arms, thighs you name it. With the fat came the gifts of stress, L, XL clothes and diminishing desire to be social (unless it was a happy hour).

Ok, why am I posting in the Woot Room? I started at 173, 2.5 months ago and this morning the scale smiled at me and said 'girrl, have you lost weight? You are at 158' (yuck, terrible poem).

And I really really wanted to tell someone so here I am. 

The thing is I have been here before. But this time, it is different. I am not in a rush. Well, the summer is around the corner but no big deal. By the time I get to my ideal weight, there will be summer in some part of the world, right? I am doing it in a relaxed, healthy way. An occasional treat, why not? The one beer? Absolutely? Valentine's day cupcake with a heart? Totes! Because I logged it in my phone and the next day I know I will attend a spin class and burn it all up. I feel good, and I pack my lunch every day (bonus points for saving money while in grad school). On top of it, I am doing stuff I like - Zumba, spin, and weights. 

I am not one to give people tips but these are some things that are absolutely helping me:
  1. Myfitnesspal
  2. Waterlogged
  3. My Fitbit
  4. Blocking time off as gym hours in my Google Calendar
  5. Joining a gym that is 6 min away from work - no excuses. Plus I get a student discount there.
  6. Signing up for a 150-mile bike ride in April
  7. Turning down free grad school food. 
So... woot!!
(I will also give myself a 2nd mini woot for posting my success here on NF - I am so glad I found this) 
  • Like 2

I am where I desperately wanted to be 3 months ago. I'll keep at it because I really like how I feel.

Starting weight: 173lbs

Goal weight: 133lbs 

Progress: 25.5 lbs so far, 14.5 more to go.

63.75%
63.75%

Bike progress: Personal best 76 miles, aiming for 100.

76%
76%

Congrats!  And I love how your scale talks to you!  Where can I buy one of those :-)  This statement really hits home for me and I will try to keep this in mind during my journey:

But this time, it is different. I am not in a rush. 

I'm not patient and I want all the fat to burn off overnight.  Even though my mind knows that's not possible.  I'm focusing on slowing my mind down and focusing on the war not every battle.  

Thanks for sharing.  Keep it up and keep us posted.  

• Like 1

Three Two Seven

Irving, TX

Thank you, Revan_32765. Means a lot to me  :peaceful:

Honestly, not having an event fixated in time (e.g. wedding, vacation, reunion) as a goal is helping with the no-rushing and makes it easy to forgive the occasional slip-ups.

I am where I desperately wanted to be 3 months ago. I'll keep at it because I really like how I feel.

Starting weight: 173lbs

Goal weight: 133lbs 

Progress: 25.5 lbs so far, 14.5 more to go.

63.75%
63.75%

Bike progress: Personal best 76 miles, aiming for 100.

76%
76%