Forums are back in action! ×

Miw-Sher gets a grip

I have had a horrible month so far, being sick, then getting an allergic reaction to meds followed by a bout of depression... for a total of 3 weeks out of order.

Literally the only thing i managed to cling on to is my workout, I have noticed in the past that it keeps my mood swings at bay, even if just for an hour or so.

I have noticed an improvement from previous times though, I was able to reach out and actually admit I might have an issue. I am not sure how much it helped (the person in question seemed completely unable to even grasp it might be a serious issue), but at least I am coming to terms with it. I also woke up today without feeling like I woke up in a grey, blurry world and was made of lead, which is all I ask for.

Anyhow, I am noticing a pattern where I am great at keeping momentum until something comes in the way. Since my life is littered with things that come in the way, especially at this moment, this is something I seriously have to deal with. The challenges here keep me going fitness-wise, but everything else just falls behind,and I will still disappear for days at a tile because I just can't be bothered to come out of my hole.

This is not going to be a heroic respawn, I am not quiet back to the pre-illness determination or discipline levels, but I am working towards those. Today, I will get one uni-related thing done on my To Do list, and build on from there.

I am also going to start a daily battle log to make me accountable. I think reporting in every day will help me with that.

A lot of rambling in this one. Hope it made sense to people. :)

Goblin | Level 7 | STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | STA: 3 | CON: 3.5 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 2.5

Nerdfitness Character, Past challenges: 1 1 2 2 3 4 5 5 6, Current challenge (March 19 - April 15): click

Tough Mudder Ireland || Battle for Graduation || My Neverending Story (on hiatus)

Hey, there is nothing wrong with rambling! Better out than in. lol But in all seriousness it sounds like you're having a bit of a hard time. Remember, we are forged by fire. Trial and conflict strengthens us. I get that too much is too much, but lots of people give up when the going gets tough. And you don't want to be like those guys right? Nobody told an epic story about a person who set off to find a legendary treasure but gave up because they lost their nerve.

Keep taking baby steps if things are too difficult but DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT give up. We're rooting for you here!

I'm training to be (like) Batman physically, mentally, and financially.