Forums are back in action! ×

Can't believe I said this...

My husband and I go to the gym at 5:00am on Tuesdays and Thursdays for early morning gym time, and then again on Saturday and Sunday. On our week day workouts we have to leave the gym by 6:00am so we can get home with enough time to get ready for work. We have our routines down so we can optimize our time there and get the best workouts possible. This morning as we were leaving I said to him "I can't wait until our Saturday workout since we can spend more time here and get more done"!

Then i realized the words that just came out of my mouth...Me, the girl that hated working out, hated the gym, and just toughed it out occassionally because I felt like I had to, is now LOOKING FORWARD to being there for long periods of time. I'm amazed at myself.

I started lifting weights when I found this site back at the end of December and have fallen in love with it. It has made me excited about working out, and has completely changed my attitude toward being at the gym. It's still hard to believe that in a month my out look has completely changed, and you know what else? I can see the muscles in my arms taking shape!

So woot for me because I never thought I would ever say those words and actually wholeheartedly mean them!

Congrats! This switch has finally flipped in me as well, also due to lifting weights. Looking forward to the results.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

@ebm1224 - normally we wake up at 5:30, and now on gym days that moves up to 4:00am. It's an ugly time of the morning, trust me. If we don't go early though then it's 6:00pm before I'm ready to work out and I always feel really rushed trying to workout before I have to go home, make dinner, lunches for the next day, shower, etc. I may hate the sound of the alarm when it goes off, but I always feel great by the time I leave the gym :)

Whoot whoot, it is definitely mind blowing when you realize you have completely changed mentally, and that mental change will put you in good stead to make all the physical changes you desire! good for you!

The real world is bizarre enough for me....Blue Oyster Cult!

Oystergirl: Bad Assed Lightcaster (aka wizard!)

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | CON: 3 | STA: 2 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 5

Oystergirl's Bad Ass Lightcaster Wicked Rocking Adventure Challenge!

Come visit my wicked rocking Nerd Fitness blog!

@ebm1224 - normally we wake up at 5:30, and now on gym days that moves up to 4:00am. It's an ugly time of the morning, trust me. If we don't go early though then it's 6:00pm before I'm ready to work out and I always feel really rushed trying to workout before I have to go home, make dinner, lunches for the next day, shower, etc. I may hate the sound of the alarm when it goes off, but I always feel great by the time I leave the gym :)

This is me too. I have a rule that I won't do more than 2 days in a row with less than 6 hours sleep, but other than that I'm up at 4-4:30. Congrats on finding a new love and on being able to share it with your husband!

Do you do the same routines, or do you go together and do your own thing?

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

Do you do the same routines, or do you go together and do your own thing?

We do similar routines, but not exactly the same exercises. He's much more advanced than I am and wants to work on different target areas, so we tend to stick to areas of the body at the same time. While I'm doing inverted rows, he's doing something else with his arms or shoulders. However, since I've started lifting weights with him he enjoys that I'm bringing new exercises into his routine. He was used to doing the same exercises that he was comfortable with, but now he's just as excited as I am because he's getting to change things up. On Saturdays since we have more time we tend to do things a bit more to our own pace. He likes to run on the treadmill for a while because he enjoys running, while I like to throw in a few more sets of weights or some HIIT instead. We work out well together!

Sometimes at night in bed I feel like a kid on Christmas eve wishing I could fall asleep because tomorrow morining I get to squat.

I like squats alot too! Considering the first time I did a set of ten body weight ones, oh, a month and a half ago, and my legs were sore for 3 DAYS afterwards, to now squating with a 30lb barbell and doing multiple sets of 10 reps, I've come a long way. I started deadlifts yesterday and I can feel it in my legs today. That just means I did a good job, and I can't wait to do some more!