Forums are back in action! ×

Howdy from the Burbs of Atlanta

Hello all. I'm a new recruit into the Nerd way of life. I'm 43 and very ready for a change in my life that will be more permanent! Looking forward to getting the program started and having my wife join me (after she has the baby). I think if I can keep things in perspective and stay disciplined - I can work my way up to Nerd hero some day. Any suggestions on good recipes or food hints that can keep me one the road are very welcome.

Thanks,

Cutter247

If you cannot be a good example, be a terrible warning!

Hey! Here's your thread! Welcome! (again/officially).

What kind of program are you looking into? Congrats on the baby! Post baby fitness is very helpful (from what I hear, anyhow).

I'm a big fan of batch cooking. I look at recipes in my spare time, log what I want to make for the week's worth of work food (lunches, etc) then I buy it all on Sunday morning and spend a few hours making it. I bring it all in on Monday and eat it all week. I sometimes do this for food at home, too. If I know I'll be home late and won't want to cook, that is. Otherwise... ya know.. you can cook it then. :P

Otherwise, I'm a big fan of www.teresacutter.com, www.eatingwell.com for a variety of paleo, primal and not either but still great meals. Paleo websites to try: nomnompaleo.com, www.everydaypaleo.com.

Also, check out Catspaw's blog. Her food pr0n will make you want to cry with joy and envy.

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!