Forums are back in action! ×

Hey everyone! I'm Kayla, a 25 year old stay at home mom to a 3 year old that sometimes acts like the reincarnation of Sauron. We're a nerdtastic family with a star wars themed master bedroom, doctor who bathroom, and a crazy awesome collection of funko pops and comics.

I've lost almost 30lbs since discovering NerdFitness and the paleo way of eating. I'm down from 229 to 199 (the lowest I've been in three years!) And I'm still loosing. I've been so successful and felt so great that even my husband is dipping his toe in the water now.

I joined to get some community support, make friends, and learn more about getting into weight training. I really want to add exercise into my new life changes, but I'm scared of hurting myself. I tried going to a Crossfit session with a coworker, but it was a little too overwhelming for a beginner. I'm thinking of maybe trying NerdFitness Academy, but I'm not sure if it would be worth the money.

Anyway - I'm rambling and my settlements in Fallout 4 need me! Thanks for reading :).

• Like 1

Welcome! 

Don't be nervous, we're all friendly here and so are most workout programs. 

Not all crossfit boxes are created equal. If you find a great one, it's wonderful but if you find a not so great one (sounds like one you came across) you risk feeling like you did or in my case, injury from someone leading that really doesn't know what they're doing. Don't lose faith and maybe in the future you'll want to give it another go and find a good one. 

Hang around the forums, look through the blog and try some of the free beginner body-weight routines to see how they fit your style. If you like them, then the Academy might be worth your $$. 

Also, check out http://darebee.com/for some nerdtastic routines that you can grow with (and maybe get hubby involved too!? :)

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both