Forums are back in action! ×

Greetings from Middle England!

Hi Everybody!

I stumbled across Nerd Fitness toward the tail-end of last year. At the time I was mid-way through the hundredpushups.com programme, specifically week 5, day 1 and I had hit a major plateau. I was stuck there for a whole month! (Previously, I felt awesome as this was the first time I'd stuck with any sort of exercise programme beyond 3 weeks!) So, being a true nerd, I went online in search of a solution. I found a blog post about a failed attempt at the final chalenge. A big deal was made of the Nerd Fitness T-shirt which led me to Steve's blog.

I was awestruck! Finally a fitness site directed not at meatheads but rather toward people like me. As I said, I consider myself a proper nerd. I'm a sci-fi nut, I enjoy the Mass Effect video game series, and I'm mostly a bag of bones. All my life I associated sport and fitness in general with the kids who gave me a hard time growing up so I tended to avoid it. Then I find Nerd Fitness which said I had nothing to fear and gave the encouragement to quit dreaming and do something.

So, I did. After reading a few of Steve's articles, I re-evaluated everything. I wasn't eating enough, so I got back into cooking and started building up on the amount I had at mealtimes. I wasn't doing regular exercise so I went out and started running. You get the idea.

Now, I run three or more times a week. I run a 5k most Saturdays (those in the UK check out parkrun). I've done a 10K trail race up and down a mountain. Oh, and now I can do 5 pull-ups! Starting tomorrow I'm doing the Rebel Strength Guide workouts. In April I'm planning to race another 10K (not up a mountain this time) and in July a sprint triathlon. I even ordered the T-shirt, which I'm told comes with the responsibility of photographing myself doing an adventure in it!

Thanks Steve for bringing us Nerd Fitness! I look forward to getting to know the folks here. I wish everyone luck in levelling-up your lives!!

Pete

Welcome, Pete!

Your story about being skinny and loving Mass Effect sounds just like mine, same as stepping up your running and doing a tri this year..

Good luck for your goals and have a nice time here :)

Svane Krios, Level 1 Drell AssassinSTR 1 | DEX 3 | STA 2 | CON 2 | WIS 4 | CHA 3Intro - Fitocracy - Lift - 2013 Goals - Life GoalsChallenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 (current)"Amonkira. Lord of Hunters. Grant that my arms be steady, my mind be clear, and my feet swift.And should the worst come to pass, grant me forgiveness."