Forums are back in action! ×

Sassy Pants Mode: ready

Hello fellow fitness nerds!

I'm Deana. (Like Deena, not DeAnna like many assume) Some peeps tend to shorten it online to De. I never quite got that but whatever works!

I've been reading the NerdFitness articles over the last couple of years. They are some of my favorite articles. Only recently did I take a peek into the basement and realize there was a party going on down there. So typical. Late to the party again. Ok maybe it's more like forums and challenges but anything can be a party if you do it right. All you need is your sassy pants. (They are very different than MC Hammer pants. Just for clarification.) The problem is my sassy pants are currently around an 18.

This isn't my first fitness rodeo. I've actually lost anywhere from 30-40 lbs of Mickey D's and pizza a few times over the years. (I'm 46):

Weight watchers/walking (pre wedding)

Cardio classes/running (post kids)

Muay Thai (post divorce)

8 week competition at gym (trainers were NOT impressive)

But in 2011 I got into weights and did the program Supreme 90 day. ($20 and I loved it! I still do some of the DVDs). At the point I had finally reached the point where I could do pushups off my toes. I felt like a bada$$. For me seeing and feeling the strength of my body was almost better than the smaller sassy pants though I totally loved the heck out of those too. Hello...it gave me an excuse to shop!

Problem was I get burned out or in "maintenance mode" where I eat more and then get all confident because of no gains. By the time I start regaining, I didn't feel much like "starting over". So every few years or so I get sick of where I am (cough cough...here I am). The last time I had just broken up with a pathological liar I dated for 6 years. I was so glad to be free that I just enjoyed life a tad too much (nights out eating and drinking with friends). I tried to count his 195lbs as a loss but it turns out it didn't affect my pants size like I'd had hoped.

So there is my weakness. I know how to do it. Can find the will and the motivation once I get started. But after getting started being the hardest part....making it stick as a lifestyle is the second hurdle. For me anyway. That's where this place and you all come in. (wink wink)

Every time I have gotten back into fitness I have gained more knowledge. NerdFitness has helped a lot with that knowledge. I have tossed aside the "cardio only" routine and have embraced workouts that work on strengthening. Turns out...I really like it!! High 5 muscles!

So here I am...ready to partake on a new adventure and hoping to meet some fellow fitness nerds that keep me on track and help challenge me. But not the arm wrestle kind because I would totally lose that. We can try that a few months down the road. I need to lift some heavy things a few times first ;) then "challenged accepted".

I want to shop for new clothes people. Let's get on it.

Peace out

• Like 1