Forums are back in action! ×

Hey all,  I just joined the rebellion this weekend and figured I'd stop by and introduce myself...

My name's Tony, I'll be 28 this year, and I've been battling my weight for most of my life.  

I just stepped on the scale this past weekend and it read 302 lbs.  I've been terrified to step on the scale for about a year because I knew it was bad but didn't want to face HOW bad.

I'm not proud of my body image, but it's been hard to get back on the horse because I really enjoy 90% of my life!  I have an amazing fiance who I'll be getting married to in October, I have an architecture job I like, and a side-business I love (and will hopefully transition to full-time next summer)

doyoudance.jpg

But, over the past year or so I've started to have lower-back problems.  They come and go.  It'll hurt for a few weeks and then go away for a few months and come back.  It just kills me to not be able to do things with my fiance because my back hurts, and I want to be able to change that.  I want to be able to lead our future family down a healthy path instead of one filled with twinkies.

Like I said, I've always struggled with weight, but I've had spurts of success too. But, whenever I've had success in the past my WHY was to attract the woman of my dreams.  Once I attracted the woman of my dreams, I lost my WHY and my health fell along with it.  I'm looking at a new WHY not and hoping that a new one, along with NF, can help me get back to where I'd like to be (and in not so embarrassing shape for my wedding)

11138097_686106730992_843835251119838260227961_505341959032_8164_n.jpg?oh=fd9b5e

• Like 2

All my stats & logs are over @ http://fitgame.online/

Hi Tony,

I think a lot of us can relate to that moment of horror when we step on the scales (or the doctor forces us to...) but recognising it and being ready to act on it is a great moment of bravery. :)

I had a lot of lower back issues when I was heavier (at my heaviest I was about 90kg/200lb) which eased off as I got lighter and stronger. I currently have a lower back issue related to being an eejit... but that's a whole other story!

Anyway, welcome to the rebellion and let us know if there's anything we can do to help!

Sundae

• Like 1

Maybe the girl of your dreams can be a continued why for you- future family, adventures together, trying your best to make her proud. 

I know lots of people who use this as a jumping off point and then let it evolve into a 'why' for themselves as well. You took the first step. You're here! Welcome and feel free to reach out if you need any help!

• Like 1

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both

Congratulations on the upcoming nuptials.  I got married 9 years ago and haven’t looked back since.  Good luck and remember: When in doubt, you’re wrong.  :playful:

As for joining, I’ve been here for a week and I have seen only motivation and friendship.  It’s a great environment to foster a healthy love of exercise.

• Like 1

You found the woman, now you want to be the best man you can be to look after her. I like that.

Whats your plan boogie man? Have a sniff around the boards and find whatever floats your boat. Join in, no one bites.

• Like 1

"Strength is the cup. The bigger the cup, the more you can put in" - JDanger