Forums are back in action! ×

What's your favorite whiskey? (Or other alcoholic beverage I suppose :P)

Magners is actually supposed to be over ice!

Crispin is quite good out of CA.

Strongbow is just the gold standard, hands down.

In terms of ciders though, the sugar content is off the chart, comparatively so be warned!

As a former bartender this thread makes me happy ;)

Oh dear, I hadn't noticed this before. Strongbow, the gold standard? That was sarcasm, right? :P

We've got to get you over to the UK, where my flatmate informed me there was Strongbow left over after a party by saying "Someone's left a bottle of piss in the lounge".

I like Aspall or Green Goblin cider, myself. Kopparberg at a push. A couple of the pubs around here have some more speciality ciders, which are absolutely gorgeous.

Generally though if I'm in a mood for something sweet like that, I'll go for a Kriekenbier or a Jeremiah Weed. :)

Gods, I drink way too much.

Pain is the feeling of weakness leaving the body.

Blog | Pinterest | Fitocracy

ZenGwen I cant drink Aspall, it feels like a chore to choke down an whole pint of it! I prefer something fizzy but if I'm going for a proper cider it'll have to be a flat cold scrumpy.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Twitter Blog

Attributes:

Strength (STR): 3

Dexterity (DEX): 1

Stamina (STA): 4

Constitution (CON): 2

Wisdom (WIS): 3

Charisma (CHA): 2

Port + a good cigar + nice warm spring evening = good way to spend a day for BigM. Although I don't have cigars nearly as often as I used to for obvious reasons

Good Sir, the best evening.

My favourite Drink would have to be Rum. A very particular rum. Kracken spiced rum

these videos just do not do it justice

well maybe they do

My favourite Drink would have to be Rum. A very particular rum. Kracken spiced rum

these videos just do not do it justice

well maybe they do

Just polished off a bottle over the weekend :-)

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

Oh man, I have a bottle of Kraken and a bottle of Sailor Jerry sitting right next to each other. They fight when I am not around.... :D ARRRRR Thar she blows!!!

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

Oh man, I have a bottle of Kraken and a bottle of Sailor Jerry sitting right next to each other. They fight when I am not around.... :D ARRRRR Thar she blows!!!

HAha, me and my friends had a drinking night where it was the captin V.S the Kraken. we made a drinking game that involved making Kraken sounds. haha

HAha, me and my friends had a drinking night where it was the captin V.S the Kraken. we made a drinking game that involved making Kraken sounds. haha

Nice!!! But I hope you gave The Captain a fair fight by using his Private Stock :-)

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

My favorite whiskey is a toss up between 3:

Jack Daniels (a classic)

Crown Royale

Paddy's Irish Whiskey (a cheap whiskey, but so delicious)

My favorite drink overall: a Long Island Iced Tea. A booze drinkers booze cruise, pretty much popular with college kids and guys well past their primes, but I love the taste and enjoy the buzz.

"Sweat more in peace, so you bleed less in war."

Can I marry all of you, please? Pretty please?

The best whiskey I ever had was JW Blue. It went down like a dream.

Best breakfast I ever had? Irish breakfast! What's that? Oh... Just 50/50 Jameson & Peach Schnapps chased with OJ & some bacon. I thought I had died and gone to heaven.

Jameson is my baby, though. When I'm feeling super classy I'll get the 15 year old bottle or Gentleman Jack but that's rare because I'm honestly not that classy. :hopelessness:

I have to be in the mood for Johnny, though. Jack, however, is great any day of the week. The paleo diet is SOO hard to even start knowing that I have to cut down on my whiskey and bourbon. So so so sad. I'm yet another one on the boat that will never reach paleo-land because of this. Maybe just... 80%? Haha.

As for beer I love me some Blue Moon. If I'm out and I can get my hands on Hofbrauhaus Oktoberfest, though, I can't help myself. There's also an Ambroise Apricot that melts my heart. I used to have a World of Beer within 10 mins of me so that was my downfall.

Beyond whiskey/bourbon and beer I don't venture out too much. If I'm at a party and there's no whiskey then I'll usually jump on the rum bandwagon but it's not something I'd go out and purchase for myself. And god help everyone around me if you serve me vodka. Not good at all.

I can go for a good Gin every once in a while and when I do, I go Hendrick's.

Fitocracy! | Running Trainer | Facebook | Twitter | Current Challenge Blog!

Pain is weakness leaving the body.

Whisky: Wiser's Special Blend (Black Label)

Booze: Khalua Especial (discontinued, you bastards)

Drinky: Grower's 1927 Cider (Strongbow wishes it could be half this good)

Beer: Crannog Back Hand Of God.

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

Can I marry all of you, please? Pretty please?

The best whiskey I ever had was JW Blue. It went down like a dream.

Best breakfast I ever had? Irish breakfast! What's that? Oh... Just 50/50 Jameson & Peach Schnapps chased with OJ & some bacon. I thought I had died and gone to heaven.

Jameson is my baby, though. When I'm feeling super classy I'll get the 15 year old bottle or Gentleman Jack but that's rare because I'm honestly not that classy. :hopelessness:

I have to be in the mood for Johnny, though. Jack, however, is great any day of the week. The paleo diet is SOO hard to even start knowing that I have to cut down on my whiskey and bourbon. So so so sad. I'm yet another one on the boat that will never reach paleo-land because of this. Maybe just... 80%? Haha.

As for beer I love me some Blue Moon. If I'm out and I can get my hands on [bOLD]Hofbrauhaus Oktoberfest[/bOLD], though, I can't help myself. There's also an Ambroise Apricot that melts my heart. I used to have a World of Beer within 10 mins of me so that was my downfall.

Beyond whiskey/bourbon and beer I don't venture out too much. If I'm at a party and there's no whiskey then I'll usually jump on the rum bandwagon but it's not something I'd go out and purchase for myself. And god help everyone around me if you serve me vodka. Not good at all.

I can go for a good Gin every once in a while and when I do, I go Hendrick's.

The bier tastes even better while drinking it AT the Hofbrauhaus in Munich. Friday and Saturday nights there are chaotic, full of music, chatter, laughter, good food and large beers.

Some of the best times I had while stationed in Germany were the times I spent in and around (there is a Hard Rock Cafe across the street from the Hofbrauhaus, so the little area is PACKED with people on Fri/Sat) the Haus.

The bier tastes even better while drinking it AT the Hofbrauhaus in Munich. Friday and Saturday nights there are chaotic, full of music, chatter, laughter, good food and large beers.

Some of the best times I had while stationed in Germany were the times I spent in and around (there is a Hard Rock Cafe across the street from the Hofbrauhaus, so the little area is PACKED with people on Fri/Sat) the Haus.

I'm so terribly jealous of you right now. I need to plan a trip over there. I have a friend stationed there... *ideas*

Fitocracy! | Running Trainer | Facebook | Twitter | Current Challenge Blog!

Pain is weakness leaving the body.

I was there once!! *braggy brag* Of course, it was about 11:30 AM on a Sunday, so not the most lively of places, but still pretty fun. It was unfortunate that the ONLY day we had in Munich was a Sunday -- pretty much the entire city shuts down. The bars, however, were still quite open and happy to take our tourist money :).

I was there once!! *braggy brag* Of course, it was about 11:30 AM on a Sunday, so not the most lively of places, but still pretty fun. It was unfortunate that the ONLY day we had in Munich was a Sunday -- pretty much the entire city shuts down. The bars, however, were still quite open and happy to take our tourist money :).

Any day is a good day to drink in Munich. I've had many a great night out drinking on Sundays in Germany. Probably my favorite night while I was there WAS on a Sunday.

I'm so terribly jealous of you right now. I need to plan a trip over there. I have a friend stationed there... *ideas*

You should definitely hook up with your friend stationed in Germany. If you do get the chance, feel free to send me a message and I can give you some tips on some great places to see and maybe a few under the radar places to have a good time.