Forums are back in action! ×

the chronicles of "the ignorant"

Wait til your 50.. and it aint that bad.

I would have some things to say about this if it were the men only thread.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I won't lie.. I skimmed most of the responses.. but I wanted to weigh in on the bacon business..

my coworker was all proud about eating turkey bacon instead of regular bacon. I tried to explain that turkey bacon is neither turkey nor bacon and buying a good cut of real bacon will be better than eating turkey bacon. "But the sodium!" he says.. oh.. yeah.. um.. even with the 300+mg of sodium in a serving of really good, uncured bacon we have access to the sodium is lower than you're lunch meat, which you think is healthy. Lower than the 4 slices of bread (hell, sometimes even the two slices!) you eat every day....

Ugh. Do people just not look at their food first? Read your nutrition labels for starters..

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

I can't eat like that. my body wouldn't allow it. when I attempted paleo for shits and giggles, I had a gallbladder attack.

If you've ever had a gallbladder attack, you'll understand why I would never attempt a radical diet change again.

They appear to really, really suck. My wife started getting them when pregnant (took a while to figure out that it wasn't a pregnancy specific condition that all women get) and they continued on afterwards. They kept getting worse and worse so she had to have her gallbladder removed.

From an obervers perspective they actually appear to be worse than labor. And it sucks that you really can't do anything for them when having an attack.

And it was fat in foods that brought them on moreso than anything else.

currently cutting

battle log challenges: 21,20, 19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

don't panic!