Forums are back in action! ×

Hooray and welcome to the Rebellion!! ^__________^  This community is full of fantastic, friendly, and knowledgeable people, joining these forums has been a huge turning point in my fitness journey to say the least.

Do you have any goals you're looking to work towards (diet or otherwise), or fitness activities that you want to achieve? :)

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

Hi Shaarawy,

I'm mostly in this to get extremely fit as quick as possible.  Not just for the strength and looks (although that is important to me), but for the health and mental benefits also.  The problem I have had over the past many years was motivation, so I am hoping this gives me one extra element of motivation.  Although, I must say, this website is a bit intimidating to those of us nerds that aren't into fantasy or medieval culture. 

• Like 2

Hi Spry, 

Welcome to Nerd Fitness!

Are you planning on shifting to the Paleo diet? I've found it to make a huge improvement in my energy and motivation levels (and in losing weight too!) 

I could see how all the nerd references might be intimidating. Personally I love them, it feels like I'm on a site that 'gets' me. :tranquil:

Cheers!

My Character

Challenges: Current | First | 2 | 3

Hi Dreamspin,

I do a diet similar to the Paleo diet, but I can't afford all the grass fed meats and organic veggies.  My diet consists of the best priced lean meats, vegetables, eggs, cheese (sparingly), and legumes.  I disagree with the Paleo diet regarding beans and peanuts which most nutritionist consider superfoods and among the healthiest foods.  I actually started my diet in July and have lost 65lbs since.  Last month I plateaued, losing only 2lbs so I figured it was time to up my game, mainly with exercise, but I am tweaking my diet as well (less cheese and beans).

14 hours ago, Spry said:

Hi Shaarawy,

I'm mostly in this to get extremely fit as quick as possible.  Not just for the strength and looks (although that is important to me), but for the health and mental benefits also.  The problem I have had over the past many years was motivation, so I am hoping this gives me one extra element of motivation.  Although, I must say, this website is a bit intimidating to those of us nerds that aren't into fantasy or medieval culture. 

I love hearing people are in it for the health and not for looking good.  Do you have health goals outside of the weight (bloodpressure, mobility, etc)?

Don't worry about the fantasy/medival/RPG element.  There's plenty of comic, star wars, trek, literature, and anime nerds about.  I'm just generally obsessive myself.

My Battle Log 

I'm on Strava for my running now.

Check out Kick! too.  You unlock gear with your progress on Strava.