Forums are back in action! ×

As usual, too much freedom means too many cases of analysis paralysis. ( Or AP for those who suffer from it regularly.) So, due to my inability to stick with a plan or a program or a resolution or a thought for more than a few days, it's time I did some hard time.  Convict Conditioning time that is. I had heard of the book, and finally bought it. Not cheap, which is why it took me so long. Couldn't justify the cost. But I am desperate. The logic seems sound, and the progression seems easy enough to follow. I can do this at home which gets rid of the "I don't have time/energy to get to the gym" excuse. Honestly, even though it seems easy, I fully expect it to take me at least a year to graduate to the 2nd exercise plan.  And I've made peace with that. It's time I stop blaming my inability to make any progress on anything other than myself.  I know this, my friends know this, heck even my spiritual director told me this!!!  So, it's time to do some time. Hard time, but if it puts me on the straight and narrow path to health, it will be well worth it!

UltimateJinx007

~ Halfing Ranger

~ Level 0 Newbie

Congratulations! You've just been Jinxed!

Good luck!

I've read CC...it's not a great match for what I'm doing, but it seems to be good for what it claims: providing a solid plan for a case where equipment and space are at a premium, moreso than time, and you're not coping with any particularly weird edge cases.  I've certainly learned lessons from it that helped shape the workouts I do when on the road in locations that don't lend themselves to my preferred type of strength workout.

"What's the goal here?  What's the lesson here?  What's the best use of my time right now?" <-- Rory Miller's "three sacred questions"

"Lacking in humility?  Don't worry, the bar will give you some." <-- Me.

HedgeMage, Orc Ranger

Battle Log | IRL Info

I love CC.  It's a great feeling knowing that I can work out wherever I want, whenever I want.

I also follow the Kavadlo brothers (Danny and Al) on FB.  They have a great ying/yang about them with their intensity and methods.  If you really get into CC, I'd check out their works as well.

Have fun!

Level 4

Character Sheet | Current Challenge |

| Past Challenges | #1 | #2 | #3#4 |
Educate - Entertain - Inspire