Forums are back in action! ×

Thumb with a mission

x@#$c(%&" I'm excited. Seriously, I find the idea of this community ingenious. I hope its as awesome as it seems.

Hi, all!

I'm Thumb. It's short for "Thumbelina", which was created as my gaming nickname and it stuck. I have a job and working on my Master's Thesis (Marketing). Love my job. It combines marketing and games, so I'm happy as a little noob can be.

The motivation

I decided to get my shit together - not that I'm out of control, but it's all part of life spring cleaning. (Let's stop at that). I do want to get more active since sitting all day is not my ideal lifestyle. And for once, I'd like to get have flat stomach. Dammit, I can do it! I'm not overweight but when I do put extra weight, it goes to me belly.

I'd love to find some support - and where better to find it than on the internet. I learned that community keeps me motivated and dedicated. Hopefully, I'll find it here. I kinda already have a crush on it. Love the idea of combining role-play, gaming, achievements and workout that if focused on long run, not a quick fix, topped with some motivated and supporting people sounds like a dream come true.

The idea

The idea is to have more active lifestyle. And get fit altogether.

At this moment - I run. And do a bit of yoga. And I tend to walk a lot. Well... I started running during warm days few years back and was surprised how quickly I progress. And that's great. I plan to continue. However, as I have no upper body strength whatsoever (it's amazing really), I'd like to change that as well.

The execution

That's what I need you guys for. I'm here to educate myself as well as get support form people who've been where I'm now.

First and foremost - any advice how to get  around in community, steps to take, are welcome!

Any other not-obvious advice for beginners on lifestyle changes, food, running, and all annoyingly-obvious advice on workouts are the most welcome. 

Just saying hi is aslo cool.

Any questions - shoot! :) 

Let's do this!

\o/

Hello! 

I'm also a belly fat gainer and new to the Rebellion. If you haven't yet, I recommend joining the Academy (academy.nerdfitness.com) to get some great resources and guidance on mindset, nutrition, fitness, and workouts, and access to an awesome questing and xp system. Or look on NF for blog posts about Paleo and body-weight training.

Your goals sound similar to mine. Get more fit, get stronger, more flexible, and generally level up in life as well (and hopefully banish the belly fat along the way!). I've just started with nerd fitness workouts and already at workout three I've gone from not being able to do knee pushups with proper form to being able to do 10 knee pushups with great form. In a few weeks I'm sure I'll be on to full pushups! 

I'm really new here too but my understanding is:

1. Join the next four-week challenge when it gets posted in a couple days by creating a post in the 'guild' sub-topic of your choosing. My understanding is that we should go in 'Rebel' for our first challenge and go guild-specific after that.

2. Read introduction posts and pinned posts under topics. 

3. Start with small manageable goals and level up from there. 

4. Have fun! :-) 

Cheers! 

• Like 1

My Character

Challenges: Current | First | 2 | 3