Forums are back in action! ×

I bought a swimsuit at Target!

Before you ask, I live in Hawaii, which is why I'm even shopping for a bathing suit in February in the first place...

For years of trying and failing, I knew I wouldn't fit into swimsuits from a "mainstream" (non-plus-sized, non-specialty) store, and I quit trying because didn't want to risk breaking down into tears in the dressing room when they still didn't fit. I'm a full-chested girl, and a while back, I started buying my swimsuits online from retailers that sell them in bra sizes. I told myself this was to get better fit and support. Honestly, it's because most of them also carried plus sizes, and I could get a suit that actually covered everything AND I didn't have to try it on in public. It was a win-win. But now that I'm officially out of plus sizes (WOOT!!!), I've discovered that even with my larger boobs, I'm not popping out of tops like I once was. I knew it was time to try a mainstream store again, so I went as mainstream as I dared - my favorite money pit, Target. I picked up 4 suits to try on, and every one of them fit just fine. In fact, here's the really amazing part - I BOUGHT A LARGE!!! Not a 2X, not even an XL, but a large! I was so excited, I bought 2 of them!

Another small Woot - my feet are shrinking. I'm down to an 8, where I was in 9s. This weekend, I tried on shoes in a 7 that were just barely too small. I missed my little feet. I'm so glad to have them back!

Hope your week started off as well as mine - I love sharing our victories!

Great work! Swimsuits are scary! :)

Before you ask, I live in Hawaii, which is why I'm even shopping for a bathing suit in February in the first place...

I'm in Canada, and stores around here have swimsuits.. they seem to completely ignore what season it is when it comes to stocking stores, we get swimsuits in February and sweaters in August.

Congrats! I got mine at Stop & Shop!

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

That's great news. I'm happy that you reached a goal!!!

This is my weekly Blog, From Fat to Bat; one man's journey to be Batman...

This is my Intro thread...

Convict Conditioning:: Push Ups - lvl 2 || Squats - lvl 1 || Pull Ups - lvl 2 || Leg Raise - lvl 1 || Bridges - lvl 1 || Handstands - lvl 0

Current Body (2012.02.12) :: 5'10" || 270 lbs || Waist: 48" || Thigh: 25" || Arms: 14" || BF%: 36 || Young Bruce Level