Forums are back in action! ×

(Please don't actually call me Fat Matt. It's demoralizing.)

I'm baaaack. I've rejoined the Rebellion, after getting distracted. What? You don't remember me?! Well, let me remind you.

I'm Matthew L. I love strength stuff, but I want to go fast. Sloth and gluttony are my vices, especially sugar.

I'm hoping to move to a whole food plant-based diet, in the hopes to get my cholestrerol down, to learn to spell better, and to lose weight.

My ultimate goals boss battles are to be able to do parkour/free-running like they do in the youtube videos, to participate and get a medal in martial arts and ballroom dancing (different events), and to generally live past sixty. My family history says otherwise. 

I'm a comic geek, I love math and computers, and have a good/bad tendency to overestimate my abilities and underestimate my dashing good looks. I enjoy spending three to four times as long as it typically takes to beat a game to actually beat a game (FFX, KH, Skyrim...)

I am going to Camp Nerd Fitness, and I'm hoping to get to spar with some guys, get thrown by a girl, and dance in a way that makes that one weird gal in the corner blush.

My biggest boss battle, one I may be fighting forever, is to make my words and actions match. Mainly, my confidence in these written words are way higher than in real life. 

Current stats: Male, 6'0", 25 years old, very single (can't even figure out my sexuality; pan?), 310 pounds, Maryland, Software Engineer, Sr. (Tester). Diet is typically around 3000 kcal a day (1/3 is from sugar snacks and dessert, 1/3 is dinner, and 1/3 is combined breakfast and lunch), but exercise is virtually non-existent.

I have depression, mood swings, energy dips, energy bursts at bad times (like 11:30pm), high cholesterol, a sweet tooth, a caffeine addiction, possible sleep apnea, a bum knee (so much better now than it used to be), a sore lower back (posture!), and a desk job. All except the desk job can be fixed via exercise.

My favorite exercises are martial arts, ballroom dancing (waltz and foxtrot, but I'm hoping to pick up Latin soon), trying to do my first pull-up, competitive speed eating at my desk, online shopping, dumbbell bicep curls, etc.

I'm going to Camp Nerd Fitness 2016 and hope to lose 20-30 pounds before then.

If you have any questions, please ask. I'm an open book.

• Like 1

Hi Matt! 

You're awesome, I love your intro. 

I also take much longer than necessary to finish games. 

Exploring-a-cave-on-skyrim_o_142488.jpg

I'd love to go to camp NF, but it's my daughter's birthday then and I don't want to miss it. 

I'd love to see you get a medal for a combined ballroom dance / martial arts performance! I'm starting to think of getting into martial arts, and I dream of being a badass with a bo staff. 

My Character

Challenges: Current | First | 2 | 3