Forums are back in action! ×

him- "You have a good workout"

me- I'm sorry?

him- You've been coming here a couple of months, and I've seen your workout, it's good. You do most of what I do, only I work faster, for my sport.

me- What do you play?

him- I'm a professional fighter.

me- Cool.

So there you have it, the Rebel Strength Guide is approved by some random fighter who ends up in the gym the same time I do. Which means I owe Steve a thank you (Thank You!) for keeping me from looking like a complete moron at the gym.

There are two other big indicators that the workouts are accomplishing something.

1) Finding little muscles that didn't exist before. Very cool.

2) Dragged myself out of bed sunday morning, and felt an oncoming sneeze... Instead of simply bending at the waist, as I have for the last 20 odd years, I threw myself to the ground with the abdominal contraction. Not so cool, but at least moderately amusing, and I know I've never done that before. There's a bit more muscle in there than there used to be.

So, with those three signs I figured it was time I said "Hello, World!" (Hello!)

My name's Ian. I'm 28. In average shape, and getting better.

My diet is moderately healthy, and I plan on improving that slowly. Frankly I don't see the point in being healthy, if I can't eat the odd pizza.

I'm located in the greater toronto area of Ontario, Canada.

So why am I here? I lurk on handful of forums that are relevant to my interests, but rarely post. I've read quite a bit of the nerdFitness forums, and I see here the single largest collection of pleasant, polite and helpful people, probably anywhere on the net. And that is something worth being a part of.

I do have a few relevant questions, but I'll put those into separate threads where appropriate.

And now, dinner then class. Joy.

Thanks everyone!

MirGSS - I had to check your other posts to see if you were a guy or a girl... And I think you might be waiting a while.

Matilda117 - No,no he did not.

Ryan Sannar - Sweet. I'm'a go for the Boba Fett look!

Thanks again for the warm welcome everyone!