Forums are back in action! ×

Any other Nerd competitive athletes out there?

I think the trophy on the right is excessively tall ETF. Some might start thinking your trying to compensate for something....

What the hell is the person in your avatar trying to do?

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

His pic is an over-exaggeration of people who lift their ass off the bench when they press. That or we're seeing the only pictoral demonstration of failing an olympic lift backwards when your feet are nailed to the ground :P

Anywho... I compete in club rugby (canada); just entering my second year, but I already won an award! No trophy though, just a fancy looking pint glass.

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

yeah, try bringing one of those home on an commercial airline flight sometime... on top of everything else it looks horribly tacky doesn't it...? hahaha... i love it...! gauche is my middle name... i keep the belt in my office so that if someone's pants are falling down, i can offer it to hold their pants up... you know... at important meetings and functions and such...

the guy in the avatar... that's young mark rippetoe i think...

i don't care what u think of me. unless u think i'm awesome. in which case u're right.

Intro - Workout Log - ABS Log - Fitness Philosophy - Accountability - NERDEE - Weight Maintenance

The sprints are a real wringer-outer, very suited to the kind of all-over metcon kind of fitness you find here at NF. I always find that competition brings out the best in me -- that "110%" that my nerd rebels at, it comes out when the clock is running and there's a crowd yelling.

(It's also super-friendly, because for most racers it's about the clock not crush-your-enemies, so everyone has a good brutal time)