Forums are back in action! ×

Everything falling into place: Germany edition

Guest guest4729

Guest guest4729

So I think getting back into shape has made my like a million times more awesome. First I decide to start going to the gym again. Then I learn how to deadlift and do it for the first time ever. Then I get my disbursement check from tuition for $3,000. Then I go and talk to the dean of my college and learn that my classes for Germany this summer are okay! I AM CLEARED TO GO TO GERMANY THIS SUMMER!

For those of you who don't already know this, Germany is somewhere I've been DREAMING of going for the past 10 years or so of my life. For someone who has lived through the death of a parent, homelessness and almost couldn't go to college this is an absolute dream come true. It's absolutely surreal for me to say that I am 98% sure I'm going to Germany this summer. All I have to do is pay the program fee, work on the payment, apply for scholarships and get a passport and stuff and I'm basically good to go. Just small details.

This is one of the most exciting moments of my life and I'm proud to say that you guys helped me with all of your motivation and determination. You guys rock. You ARE my rock. Thank you for helping to push me to become a better person. You've inspired me to try new things, new foods, new workouts and much more.

*group hug*

Guest guest4729
Congratulations!!!! I spent a summer in Spain a few years ago and loved every second I was there.

Word of advice: apply for your passport now :-)

So exciting!!!!

Since it's Friday I was planning to do so next week! I had all the paperwork filled out but misplaced it! I'm going to do all that this weekend and attempt to apply on Monday! :)

Schoenes Gut! I spent like a year over there when I was 22 just bumming around backpacking and living on odd jobs, etc. This was oh 20 years ago now but it was easily the best times of my young life!

Congratulations. Also, passports are NOT scary to get as long as you've got all your documents you need. We do them for business travel all the time - people make the process out to be WAY harder than it is. Often times these days you'll get it back within a couple of weeks. Note that this is not licence to procrastinate, just that it is typically fairly straightforward.

Guest guest4729
That's awesome!! Congrats on so many levels! I'm currently living in Berlin until early August, and I love it! I'd like to hear what you think about the country =)

What kind of classes will you be taking and do you know yet which city? Congrats again!!

I'll be taking business/economics courses at Berlin School of Economics and Law. So clearly, I'll be staying in Berlin.

Thank you for all the comments everyone! I am so so so so so excited. :D

Congratulations for making your dreams come true! Proud to have you studying in our country soon!

Make sure to visit the Berlin juggers and participate in some of their training sessions. Jugger players are some of the friendliest people that I can imagine and it's such an amazing sport. The best thing: 95+% of all jugger players are nerds.

Check this video.

The german championships are also hosted by Berlin this year, if you happen to be there check them out on the weekend of September 8th. My team will also be there I think. :)

Svane Krios, Level 1 Drell AssassinSTR 1 | DEX 3 | STA 2 | CON 2 | WIS 4 | CHA 3Intro - Fitocracy - Lift - 2013 Goals - Life GoalsChallenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 (current)"Amonkira. Lord of Hunters. Grant that my arms be steady, my mind be clear, and my feet swift.And should the worst come to pass, grant me forgiveness."

Guest guest4729
Congratulations for making your dreams come true! Proud to have you studying in our country soon!

Make sure to visit the Berlin juggers and participate in some of their training sessions. Jugger players are some of the friendliest people that I can imagine and it's such an amazing sport. The best thing: 95+% of all jugger players are nerds.

Check this video.

The german championships are also hosted by Berlin this year, if you happen to be there check them out on the weekend of September 8th. My team will also be there I think. :)

I don't have a clue what's going on in that video or what juggers actually are, but it looks like fun!

Also, I'll only be in Germany for a month (ungefaehr 22. Juni bis 26. Juli)this summer. I will absolutely go back in the future, though! Nothing can keep me away from Germany after I go once. Hehe. :)

Guest guest4729
If you make it to Munich, you've got a couch to sleep on. ;)

If everything goes as planned, I'd like to go to a lot of the major cities, so I might be coming your way! If I don't get to go everywhere I want this summer I will most likely come back sometime over the course of my senior year in college (next year). This is something I want baddddd. All I have to do is make it happen!