Forums are back in action! ×

First Day!

Ok, so I've been flip-flopping, wavering, wanting to start but not doing it.

I decided that Sunday was going to be it. It's the first day of the week, it's the perfect time to just get it done.

That was before I woke up this morning. I realized that Sunday IS the first day of the week, but today is the first day of the rest of my life.

Weighed in at 291. This is embarassing. Decided today was it. Woot moment.

So I've been eating clean healthy food all day, and I went to the gym. I was going to do a cardio day...

But I got there and said, "No. This is another copout for you, like Sunday being the first day of the week...." See, I find cardio easy. It's fun. I don't have to push myself to go do it. I hate lifting weights. It seems so...pointless. But I did a weights workout anyway:

Barbell Squat:

45 lb x 15 reps (+39 pts)

65 lb x 15 reps (+45 pts)

75 lb x 15 reps (+48 pts)

Body Weight Lunge:

15 reps (+18 pts)

12 reps (+15 pts)

12 reps (+15 pts)

Dumbbell Bench Press:

25 lb x 15 reps (+64 pts)

25 lb x 15 reps (+64 pts)

25 lb x 12 reps (+59 pts)

One-Arm Dumbbell Row:

20 lb x 15 reps (+36 pts)

Dumbbell Bicep Curl:

15 lb x 15 reps (+27 pts)

15 lb x 15 reps (+27 pts)

Seated Triceps Press:

15 lb x 15 reps (+9 pts)

15 lb x 15 reps (+9 pts)

Crunch:

50 reps (+25 pts)

Not bad for a 30 year old 291 lb dude. i have a LONG way to go. But I took a huge first step today. Woot, indeed.

Sounds great that you fought those inner voices and did the more reasonable stuff instead. Keep on! Woot!

Svane Krios, Level 1 Drell AssassinSTR 1 | DEX 3 | STA 2 | CON 2 | WIS 4 | CHA 3Intro - Fitocracy - Lift - 2013 Goals - Life GoalsChallenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 (current)"Amonkira. Lord of Hunters. Grant that my arms be steady, my mind be clear, and my feet swift.And should the worst come to pass, grant me forgiveness."

Guest Snake McClain

GREAT JOB! For someone that doesn't like to lift weights that is damn good. Especially for a first time. Keep at it and eventually instead of thinking "I don't want to do this" will turn into "I cannot wait to do this."

Keep up the good work. Stay strong and live long.

Guest guest4729

Lifting weights isn't really easy and it never will get easy because you should be focusing on lifting heavier as time goes on; however, you might learn to like it given time. What is it that you don't like about it to begin with? Is it just too challenging or too involved or too complicated? Or is it JUST because it seems pointless?

Perhaps we can help you overcome your hatred of lifting.

On that note, w00ts all around for your achievements thus far! Day 1 shall live in infamy. :P