Forums are back in action! ×

May was a bad month for me.  It was the anniversary of my being blown up in Iraq and that kind of messed with my headspace and timing.  June wasn’t much better thanks to general motivation issues and the VA jerking me around.  Now it’s July and I’m ready to get my head out of my fourth point of contact and back into the game.

I may not have been keeping up with my exercise, but I have been keeping up with my diet.  Though, I will admit that I fell off the wagon a great deal during the end of May and the month of June.  This mostly came from fast food for one meal a day.  It wasn’t every day, though.  At the worst, it was every other day for about a week.

What is really hilarious is that I didn’t get unhealthy while not exercising and eating junk food for two months.  I measure my fitness level by BFI (Body Fat Index).  I started out on 31-Jan at 322 lbs and 37.6% (121.1 lbs of fat).  My last exercise weigh-in was on 1-May at 308.6 lbs and 31.7% (97.8 lbs of fat).  That’s a loss of 13.4 pounds and 5.9% BFI (23.2 lbs of fat).

My weigh-in on 29-May saw me drop 1.8 lbs, but have no change in my BFI (aside from a -0.6 lb drop in fat).  Last month, I did a little walking toward the end of the month.  I did a weigh-in yesterday and was quite surprised by the difference a little walking made.  I was not expecting any changes besides minor ones.  What I got was a weight of 303.2 lbs and 31% BFI (94 lbs of fat).  You can see the pictures in my gallery.

It’s a very small drop when compared to the previous months.  At the beginning of February I was at 37.6%, March I was at 33.6%, April 32%, May 31.7%.  June I was at 31.7% and July I am at 31%.  I would much rather have bigger losses than not exercising or only walking.  So, that begins today.

Today, I am beginning the Power 90 program from day 1.  I’m modifying it slightly from its original to include a tougher Saturday routine.  I’ll be doing daily updates of my routines (to include my evening cardio) and Sundays will be a “week in review” update.

There it is.  Now, if you will excuse me, I need to do my first routine.  Wish me luck!

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Flagwaver said:

This mostly came from fast food for one meal a day.  It wasn’t every day, though.  At the worst, it was every other day for about a week.

so three meals.  that shouldn't be the end of the world.

5 hours ago, Flagwaver said:

There it is.  Now, if you will excuse me, I need to do my first routine.  Wish me luck!

If you like, you can start a daily battle log to keep track of your workouts.  It also helps as an accountability thing.

I like your progress bar btw.  I might feel the urge to steel it.

• Like 2

My Profile        |     I must not fear.  Fear is the mind killer.

My Battle Log  |     Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration.

|     I will face my fear.  I will permit it to pass over me and through me.

Start to Run      |     And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path.

|   Where the fear has gone, there will be nothing.  Only I will remain.