Forums are back in action! ×

I'm more of a geek than a nerd...

So I guess I'm starting this whole thing again.  I've successfully lost plenty of weight before, I just got lazy.. and by lazy I mean that I got married and moved across the country. 

I've started with baby steps ya know just like eating a little better, (I still had ice cream tonight) And I walked the dogs before heading to bed. Me and my husband got memberships to planet fitness. So I am hoping to get Some basic strengths back before I look into doing some of the other alternative workouts that I have absolutely adored in the past.

A couple of years back I ran a half marathon and I have goals to try and get back in shape and run a full marathon. The guy who writes the Web comic the oatmeal  actually has a race called the blerch. I'm really excited about it. 

Oh and I'm a total whovian, I enjoy coloring books, ballet, I'm a proud brown coat and I sure as shit aim to misbehave, I enjoy classical style music, and pole dancing.(no I've never been a striper. My coordination is awful) Oh and I used to be a pastry chef. I have a deep deep love for creating crazy amazing cupcakes and other things that normal people don't have time for. If I were to ever open a cafe it would be called ; Mad Morgans coffee and confections. 

Well off to bed tootles!!!

• Like 1

Awesome intro! Welcome on board. :) 

Have you found your way around the forum ok? It's a big place, lol! 

How you use the forum is up to you, you can start a Battle log and use it to track your progress, you can take part in challenges, or you can simply soak up information and use it to improve your workouts/eating etc, or just hang out in the Chat Room. It's totally up to you. :)

I like to recommend the 4 Week Challenges to people because it makes you an active participant in the forum and let's you meet other members, form friendships and get some accountability on your progress. They're also a really good tool to help you reach your long term goals by breaking them down into smaller, short term goals which I think is important in keeping you motivated. There's a new one starting on the 17th if you fancy taking part? 

You've done the right thing by taking baby-steps. It's a tough slog to just keep working away toward losing 50lbs (for example) and trying to change everything all at once - eating better, exercising more, cutting soda, stop smoking..... Arrrrrgh! 

But if you have a challenge to, say, cut out soda over 4 weeks. Then go on to do another challenge to eat vegetables with one meal every day for 4 weeks and to use the stairs at work instead of the lift. You can focus on making small changes at a time, and make them lasting changes! And all the while you're getting support and advice from your fellow nerds  Coz we're like that. :D 

The "Guilds" are really just a way of grouping people together who share interests. People post their challenge threads under whichever Guild they want to belong to or feel matches their goals. You can read all about the Guilds Here

Your first challenge should be posted in the Rebel section and then once you've completed that you can go on to post your challenges in whichever section you want though there's nothing stopping you from reading and posting in ANY section at any time. 

You can also take part (or suggest a new) PVP (person vs person) challenge or a PVE (person vs environment) with other members.

Thats my take on things, I hope I haven't killed you with a seriously loooooooong and boring post, lol! 

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Hey there! I ran the 10k blerch last year and it's a blast, trail running is my favorite kind of running if I have to do it. 

What are your goals specifically? Do you want to get up to 5k, 10k, half marathon and then marathon? What kind of basic strength are you planning on working on? 

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both

I will probably start back out with just the 5k progression to full marathon. but more of steady training. Back when I used to run regularly the 10k was my preferred distance. As for my strength training I want to work on a good bit of core and upper body, I would really like to see myself getting back into pole fitness and maybe dabble in silks. But both of those require a lot of core work. I also figure the core work will help with my sciatica. 

Hey a little ice cream here and there isn't bad, just so long as it's only a little, and only here and there. ;)

I'm glad to have you here! There are a lot of people who can help with strength-related stuff. The next challenge is in the planning phase, so feel free to stop by and think of what you might be interested in doing, if you want to follow along. Warriors especially know a lot about weightlifting.

The Blerch is awesome! It hasn't come to my town yet but I hope it does someday soon.

Fellow Browncoat! Woot woot!

Also I think there have been a couple people on here who have also done pole dancing. I'm not sure where you'd find them. Assassins, maybe?

11 hours ago, Cataleya said:

...Also I think there have been a couple people on here who have also done pole dancing. I'm not sure where you'd find them. Assassins, maybe?

I know @SpecialSundae does. She's also into baking, though her cakes tend to be high protein versions. You should check her out if you're looking for some inspiration. She's a She-Beast! :D 

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

On 7/11/2016 at 8:30 AM, Dinobabe8412 said:

I enjoy classical style music, and pole dancing.

I will now have to try and imagine someone poledancing to Wagner.

Thank you very much for ruining my productivity for today.

• Like 2

My Profile        |     I must not fear.  Fear is the mind killer.

My Battle Log  |     Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration.

|     I will face my fear.  I will permit it to pass over me and through me.

Start to Run      |     And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path.

|   Where the fear has gone, there will be nothing.  Only I will remain.