Forums are back in action! ×

I'm a scruffy looking nerf herder.

¡Hola! (I'm practicing my spanish as I leave for Mexico in two days. I should be good knowing hola & baños, right?)

Alright, the quick run down on me. I was a runner in high school and college, competing in Cross Country, Indoor & Outdoor Track. I loved running. At my peak, I ran 100 miles/week. Obviously, I was fit and lean.

But, high school & college are distant memories. I stopped running in my Junior year of college because of a combination of burn-out, personality conflict with the coach, and enjoying the college life-style a bit too much. Since then, I have worked-out off and on... with the last few years being mostly off.

I haven't been happy with my body. I've certainly been frustrated with how out of shape I have been every time I have started up running again. And, with the added weight, and doing too much too-soon habit, I certainly created more pressure on my knees than necessary. But, I miss racing. I miss being in shape. I miss feeling good about myself.

So, I've re-committed to changing the things that I am unhappy with. I've re-upped with my gym and joined their 12 week challenge. I found this site. And, am working on losing weight & increasing my general conditioning. I've set some short-term fitness related goals. (I'm going to try not to reverse any of my recent progress during my week in Mexico!) And, generally am working on leveling up this life of mine. After all, I have a pretty good life. But, it can always be better.

I like the idea of the 6 week challenges that you all seem to do. And, I was planning on joining the latest one today before reading that it had been post-poned last night. So, I guess that I'll just make mine a 7 week challenge.

I look forward to learning from all of you while on this adventure.

Current Challenge || Previous:: 2020 Reset

There are a ton of previous challenges that I'm not linking

"Freaking pansies. Go work out!" - The Art of Clineliness

Who's scruffy lookin?

Join my rebellion! Start your challenge early in spite of the master of deadlifts tyrannical leadership!

I really do enjoy the 6 week challenges. I just finished my first. It is great to be able to have short term goals that help you work toward the long term ones. It makes them seem much more achievable.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Agent Ska? I like you already. Welcome to the rebellion!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2095[/ATTACH]

:)

Join my rebellion! Start your challenge early in spite of the master of deadlifts tyrannical leadership!

You, on the other hand, are in the dog house.

post-335-13567243395063_thumb.jpg

I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”