Forums are back in action! ×

Have Joined the Rebels!

Hi! My husband & I have joined, hopefully to lose some weight (him 100lbs and me 50lbs). He is the gamer (video games & D&D) and is looking forward to getting strong enough to do the Zelda Workout. I am just happy to have anything that gets him interested in fitness. I am a 1940's/ 50's girl who got stuck in the wrong time period. I rather be knitting or reading vs playing video games or D&D. 

We have been married for 7 years. Have 4 children (2 boys & 2 girls), 4 cats, and 3 very strange dogs. Yes, we have lost our minds. 

Trying to do paleo-ish. Kinda hard to do when you have 3 kids under 5. They believe that pizza, mac n' cheese, and chicken nuggets are food from the gods.

Currently doing the beginner body weight workout 3 times a week and walking our dogs daily for 30 minutes. 

Anyone have any suggestions? Also is there any Whovians out there? My husband wants to know. 

• Like 1

Welcome!  And awesome name inspiration!!  I think you're going to get along in this forum just fine. :)  

Your goals sounds great - just getting up and getting active seems to spur on positive changes everywhere in your life. Best of luck managing Paleo with the kiddos. I've been (mostly) paleo for over a year now and it does get easier with time. One thing I do is cook a paleo meals for myself with variations for anyone who doesn't want to eat it. Ex: taco filling and veggies that I eat over lettuce and everyone else eats with tortillas.  That way I don't feel so much like a short order chef, trying to please everyone!  I'm sure you'll find balance with it, and hopefully your kids will pick up on your new love of healthy foods!

Also - it's great that your husband is joining up with you!  Welcome to you both!

tumblr_o30vytWDWF1umeveno1_500.gif

• Like 1

Level 19 Ravenclaw Rebel

"Every action you take is a vote for the type of person you wish to become." (James Clear, Atomic Habits)
COMPLETED CHALLENGES: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 13.5 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21/21

CURRENT CHALLENGE: AThousandWords casts a vote

Welcome. A couple of  other ideas for foods that are versatile: spagetti, kids can have the pasta you have yours with spaghetti squash/ chicken stir fry, you can just omit the rice and stir fry veggies separately if they don't like them

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27