Forums are back in action! ×

Random Thoughts of Randomness

On 9/20/2016 at 7:37 PM, ThisMissisup2nogood said:

Head colds cause me to hallucinate.

Since 2014 I've been seeing a small black cat with no face dart in and out of my peripheral vision that visits whenever I'm congested.

Anybody here have experience with strange hallucinations?

I've hallucinated through extreme tiredness. When I was overseas in Iraq on radio duty, I saw a black rabbit hop across a road, and also seen black silhouettes of people walking outside our camp spot...

I've also had my brain physically reset, I was on duty, talking to a fellow Marine, and I felt my brain reset mid sentence and completely forgot what I was talking about.

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

1 hour ago, insanity said:

and also seen black silhouettes of people walking outside our camp spot...

That would be so, so horrible. Jeez. I can't even imagine. I mean, a rabbit; whether you suspect it to be fake or not, you think "either way, eh"; but dark figures? Were you scared or did you, somewhere in your mind, just know that they were tired-induced? 

Stella   ::   Sprightly Elf   ::   Level 1

Me!      ::    Battle log       ::   Challenge

It's not hard to mistake phantom movements or shadows for a cat or a rabbit.  If you live in the burbs and you see something darting around in the dark at ground level, that's probably what it is.

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

19 hours ago, Frost of the Gloaming said:

"One pill makes you larger, one pill makes you small....."

My mom gave me a pill once. Didn't do anything at all.

Tomu-san - Level 3 HalfOgre Ranger

[ STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 8 | WIS 6 | CHA 2 ]

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass. And I've just finished my milk."

- Maurice Moss

On 9/22/2016 at 6:24 PM, Stellakin said:

That would be so, so horrible. Jeez. I can't even imagine. I mean, a rabbit; whether you suspect it to be fake or not, you think "either way, eh"; but dark figures? Were you scared or did you, somewhere in your mind, just know that they were tired-induced? 

The weird thing is when you're in a situation like war, you sit on high alert for so long that you just can't do it anymore, and you reach a point where stuff that would normally send you into DEFCON 1, barely become a blip on the radar.

That was this...I had been there, driving around, questioning everything...even kids so much, that by the time this happened my reaction was to sight in with my rifle, and watch...no freak out, no adrenaline rush...just a calm almost creepy reaction looking back.

But then the figures disappeared into nothing once they crossed a road and all was normal.

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

On 9/23/2016 at 10:25 AM, Frost of the Gloaming said:

well what did you expect from Flintstones vitamins??

A yabba-dabba-doo time!

• Like 1

Tomu-san - Level 3 HalfOgre Ranger

[ STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 8 | WIS 6 | CHA 2 ]

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass. And I've just finished my milk."

- Maurice Moss

See when you live in the middle of nowhere none of that shit happens, you want to be a rebel and sneak out of your house your options are drinking crappy beer in the middle of a field or skating around town in places you shouldn't be after dark

Went out apple picking over the weekend and all I can say is please support your local farmers market, the apple crop up here in New York is absolute shit

• Like 3

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

Take a trip! It's apple season in Washington and the trees are overflowing, I'm tripping over fruit when I take a walk. But admittedly evergreens aren't so pretty in fall.

That would be fun; but we already have our fall trips planned out

I'm really just hoping we have a snow filled winter or else we are going to be in a lot of trouble come next spring/summer; plus I have miles and miles of trails that I can snowshoe on that will be great cross training for my spring races

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Yesterday, watching the presidential debate, seeing my soon to be commander in chief kick some ass, stuffing my face with tacos and beer.  That was a good evening.

• Like 1

Oh so this is funny, My wife and I are celebrating our 11 years anniversary this weekend; and because 11 is steel we are both buying each other a stainless steel tumbler; https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trail-30-Ounce-Double-Wall-Vacuum-Sealed-Tumbler/117753955?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&adid=22222222227045513105&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=101597484497&wl4=pla-247654371617&wl5=9004511&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=117753955&wl13=&veh=sem

Which after doing some research is one of the best on the market and it's the cheapest, win win

• Like 2

Daily Mile