Forums are back in action! ×

Overheard in the gym - Share!

Oh god. Oh god. Oh lordy lord. I just witnessed the worst form dead lift live and in person. I was speechless. I, I don't know how to describe it. It was terrible. On par with the worst DL videos on youtube.

I don't have time right now but I WILL draw pictures, or maybe make a reenactment video. Yeah a video might help. My poor Barbella was abused. Check back later nerds when I have time to be more creative.

I'mma go sit in a corner now. The horror.....the horror.....

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

I'm pretty sure you're doing more than me right now. Couldn't make it to the gym this week because of schoolwork and the gym is closed next week for renovations. I need to run more anyway, I'm nowhere near ready for the 10 miler. I may take some time off from lifting so I can train more seriously for that.

Don't worry since I injured my thumb I can't really DL. It hurts when I wrap my hand around a bar. So you still have time to catch up.

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

There was a guy at one of the gyms who would turn the ramp on the treadmill all the way up, then hang on to the bar so his body was perpendicular to the surface of the treadmill. Guess he never took (or flunked) physics....
I have a friend on a river-waterskiing team that has done this for winter training :)
I always look sexy in the gym. There is nothing sexier than lifting 350+ lbs off the floor. Girls swoon. :D
Agreed!!! And given the lifting and libido thread this is seriously a problem for me....
Christ. Working out in a thong? Why would you do that to yourself? I bring comfy granny panties to the gym specifically for working out in.
I did once, for the no-wedgie factor....but *ahem* somehow ended up with a wedgie ANYWAY, of the camel variety....NEVER AGAIN....boys' boxer briefs are my go-tos now!!
Hm, we need to submit a new entry to them. MNST = More Naked Sexy Time :P Which I guess is not as exciting as Mathematics, Natural Science and Technology (WTF MISSING OXFORD COMMA).
THIS IS SO FULL OF AWESOME

I got nuthin' to add to this thread since so far I seem to be the main curiosity at my gym haha! Since I'm super scrawny and not leisurely walking on the treadmill reading a magazine.... Once I can bench more than a lunabar, however, bring it on! Maybe I need to add writing to my butt.... suggestions?

A few years ago the football coach, who was the teacher for the weightlifting class I was in at the time at my school, told me that if I start maxing-out over 160lbs at bench press no guy will ever want to date me again.

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

"Whatever you are, be a good one."

i wear tight neon spandex to the gym, but i'm not needy when it comes to attention... it's really a safety measure so i don't get run over by a driver who doesn't see me while i'm running on the treadmill...

One of my friends rowed every race last season in hot pink zebra-striped spandex. He also practiced in boxers once, so I don't quite know what to make of it...

Never think of pain or danger or enemies a moment longer than is necessary to fight them. -Ayn Rand

Amongst those less skilled you can see all this energy escaping through contorted faces, gritted teeth and tight shoulders that consume huge

amounts of effort but contribute nothing to achieving the task.

A few years ago the football coach, who was the teacher for the weightlifting class I was in at the time at my school, told me that if I start maxing-out over 160lbs at bench press no guy will ever want to date me again.

I hope you are out to prove him wrong.

• Like 1

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

pfft what a load of twaddle amazon > anorexic/chubby/skinny fat/obese etc etc etc, anyday! :D

I hope you are out to prove him wrong.

I ended up getting up to maxing at 155, which was about 25lbs more than my body weight at the time. I probably could have gotten over 160 if the semester hadn't ended. It was really convenient to be in the class, because the class was 5 days a week. It was strange being the only girl in the class at first, but after a while I ended up fitting in well (with half of the football team, and about a third of the wrestling team). I think most of the guys in there respected me for taking lifting seriously.

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

"Whatever you are, be a good one."

That's just because that teacher was an insecure, intimidated little sh!t.

• Like 2

LRB, Lifelong Rebel Badass  ||  June 3 challenge thread

"What I lack in ability, I make up in stubbornness" -me

"Someone busier than you is working out right now" -my mom

Today I have a day off work, because I was supposed to have my GRE today (but the company has screwed up, so I didn't). Took the opportunity to go to the gym in the afternoon, nice and empty, took plenty of time over my lifts and set personal bests in deadlifts, squats and dumbbell bench presses. It felt awesome. I was there for like an hour. In the meantime - for the whole time - there was this skinny emo kid, wearing a sweat headband over spiky black hair, and a sweat towel over his shoulders... sitting on the leg extension machine, with a tiny weight on it, absently moving his legs up and down to a max range of about 6 inches while he texted people on a shiny new white smartphone. For an hour. An hour.

What the....

That's just because that teacher was an insecure, intimidated little sh!t.

Amen, sister.

Pain is the feeling of weakness leaving the body.

Blog | Pinterest | Fitocracy

Today I have a day off work, because I was supposed to have my GRE today (but the company has screwed up, so I didn't). Took the opportunity to go to the gym in the afternoon, nice and empty, took plenty of time over my lifts and set personal bests in deadlifts, squats and dumbbell bench presses. It felt awesome. I was there for like an hour. In the meantime - for the whole time - there was this skinny emo kid, wearing a sweat headband over spiky black hair, and a sweat towel over his shoulders... sitting on the leg extension machine, with a tiny weight on it, absently moving his legs up and down to a max range of about 6 inches while he texted people on a shiny new white smartphone. For an hour. An hour.

What the....

Amen, sister.

I just...what? I don't even under...What could he have thought...

But good luck on the GRE! Just did that myself last Saturday. I'm not looking forward to my writing score, but the other parts went well.

The Tin Man: Cyborg Ranger

Tin Man's Out of Date Epic Quest

I am what I do.

This isn't so much overheard in the gym, but I saw this and felt it was relevant:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2365[/ATTACH]

I wonder if this actually happened. Surely someone can't be THAT stupid..right?

Dang, that turned out really small..oops. I don't know how to make it bigger!

post-5214-13567243491347_thumb.jpg

The Road Goes Ever On And On

You can watch stuff happen, MAKE stuff happen, or wonder what the heck happened

What the....

Amen, sister.

One wicked skinny kid in my gym class this winter came in every day in jeans and an Abercrombie hoodie and proceeded to complete the absolute minimum ROM on every exercise we did. He beat me at the 1 min squat test (I think I had 55) with reps that moved his ass down about 4 inches.

Never think of pain or danger or enemies a moment longer than is necessary to fight them. -Ayn Rand

Amongst those less skilled you can see all this energy escaping through contorted faces, gritted teeth and tight shoulders that consume huge

amounts of effort but contribute nothing to achieving the task.

There's this kid that comes into my gym at school, and I remember at the beginning of the semester he came in and was trying to curl with 20s or 25s...sticking his elbow into his side and using his back. I might have posted about him. At any rate, I tried to give him some pointers.

We now have 2 weeks left of school and as far as I can see he has made no progress. He's as tiny as he always was.

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8