Forums are back in action! ×

Overheard in the gym - Share!

Virtual Private LANs?

Visible Panty lines

• Like 1

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

I'm a girl for whom cute leggings are an essential and VPLs are an anathema. 

But cute leggings would hide my cute legs!

I understand the joke now.

Heh.

I, too, was confused.

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

My cute legs get me in trouble...

Good trouble or bad trouble?

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

Speaking of gym attire, I've definitely run into the issue of wanting gym clothes, gear and equipment more than I want everyday wears.

Since I grew thighs, ditto. I can't be doing with the skinny jean/straight jean (which are skinny up top)/loose jean (still skinny up top) business anymore. I just want to wear gym pants.

warrior : level 8

str: 20.75 | dex: 13.75 | sta: 11.75 | con: 9.75 | wis: 8.25 | cha: 4.75

''Difficult' and 'impossible' are cousins often mistaken for one another, with very little in common' - Locke Lamora

Since I grew thighs, ditto. I can't be doing with the skinny jean/straight jean (which are skinny up top)/loose jean (still skinny up top) business anymore. I just want to wear gym pants.

Lycra is my friend. ;)

Promod slim jeans are fantastic for my quads, actually. Perhaps it's just that the stereotypical British woman is pear-shaped with big thighs, I've never had an issue finding skinny jeans to fit.

I think it's more the knee/calf area, but overall it makes me feel quite tight and compressed. That said, I'm lugging 10lb of extra weight from when I bought the jeans, so I think I need to finish this cut and then reassess my 'I don't like skinnies anymore' position :D I've won a couple of straight-leg ones on Ebay, which should keep my complaints at a minimum until Autumn, when I can't get them in my boots. They're also 4 inches too long, so I look like a 00 sk8ter kid.

All I'm saying, once you try the reeboks, you never go back. 

Oh, you. I've been ogling those online and now with a recommendation I'll never be able to resist.

warrior : level 8

str: 20.75 | dex: 13.75 | sta: 11.75 | con: 9.75 | wis: 8.25 | cha: 4.75

''Difficult' and 'impossible' are cousins often mistaken for one another, with very little in common' - Locke Lamora

My genetics give me naturally pretty big legs, even when I was 120 lbs my legs were still pretty big.

I mean, I'm a guy, so it's probably not ideal. But hey, at least I never have to worry about being accused of skipping leg day.

Follow me on snapchat or instagram @ catintherack

Squat: 115kg

Bench: 77.5kg

Deadlift: 130kg

Total: 322.5kg

Weight: 68kg

Recently my waist has been shrinking and my thighs and ass growing (yay successful cutting!). Squat booty problems getting worse in the jeans department though. My size 38 Levi 569s (their loosest cut) are now skinny jeans in the thighs and groin, and at least 2" too big in the waist.

• Like 2

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

You're just going to have to make hammer pants cool again... for the Rebellion!

• Like 4

This used to be where  my weight loss progress bar was. Maybe it will be here again when I'm ready to face the scale and work on my fat problem.
 NewBattleLog              OldBattleLog (between challenges)

Spoiler

Don't let what you cannot do
interfere with what you can do.

-John Wooden

2013 Running Tally: I lost track in July, at 148.925  ((plus 0.5)) but I finished a Very Slow marathon in October. Then I mostly stopped.
2014 Running Tally: 134.1 miles plus 5k (as of 17 September) lost track again, but I know I had at least 147.2 plus 5k for 2014.
2015 Running Tally: 41.2 treadmilled miles & 251.93 real world miles

2016 Running Tally: 0

Recently my waist has been shrinking and my thighs and ass growing (yay successful cutting!). Squat booty problems getting worse in the jeans department though. My size 38 Levi 569s (their loosest cut) are now skinny jeans in the thighs and groin, and at least 2" too big in the waist.

Try Lucky Brand.  I managed to find a pair that is actually sloppy around my ass- model 181.  Other styles, like the 487, just fit well.

Searching the world for a cure for my wanderlust.

My genetics give me naturally pretty big legs, even when I was 120 lbs my legs were still pretty big.

I mean, I'm a guy, so it's probably not ideal. But hey, at least I never have to worry about being accused of skipping leg day.

Big legs are not always a good thing as a man. At school (i'm talking high school), when my hormones kicked in, my thighs maxed out at 34" (may have been 32", hazy). This was 1995 as i remember the rugby world cup being on and there was a piece in the newspaper about this monster Jonah Lomu. They had all his stats, so to see how impressively built he was i obviously compared him to my 14yr old self. I had bigger thighs. Oh, and he's 7" taller than me too.

I had real troubles buying school uniform trousers. I didn't even fit into football shorts.

I had 2 thighs each of which were the same size as my waist.

Themz problems.

A few things of note happened in the gym today so I'll just put them in chronological order.

Saw someone doing floor presses, a perfectly useful exercise, but the guy had no control over the lowering portion of the movement. Every time he lowered the bar his elbows slammed into the floor. I cringed a little every time because of how painful it looked, but I didn't want to look away in case he needed somebody to lift the bar off his chest. Thankfully he was okay, in the short term at least.

A guy came in who was pretty fat, and I just mean that in a descriptive way, he had a big gut and a double-chin. He lifted around the same weight as me, which made me question his goals. Personally I can't understand just aiming for strength, though I know for some people the amount of weight being pushed is all that matters, I don't know if he's been bulking poorly or if he just doesn't care. Again, not judging, I get some people want to just be as strong as possible, I just find it to be an odd mentality. But of course to each their own.

A group of guys came in doing deadlifts with a barbell, shrugs with one of those hexagonal barbells, and seated shoulder press. They set up the bench in the rack opposite mine, then the shrugs they did about an inch away from that bench, then the deadlifts they did on the same platform about an inch away from the shrugs. There was three of them, so all three exercises would be done at the same time and then they'd switch. All of this taking place on a single crowded platform.

Then coming out of the gym I took my headphones off but kept them playing music around my neck, as I like to walk back home with the music playing. I step out of the gym and see some sort of school sports event is taking place, tons of kids everywhere. I then realise that at this moment the song Blurred Lines is playing pretty loudly. Needless to say I skipped to the next song immediately.

A guy came in who was pretty fat, and I just mean that in a descriptive way, he had a big gut and a double-chin. He lifted around the same weight as me, which made me question his goals. Personally I can't understand just aiming for strength, though I know for some people the amount of weight being pushed is all that matters, I don't know if he's been bulking poorly or if he just doesn't care. Again, not judging, I get some people want to just be as strong as possible, I just find it to be an odd mentality. But of course to each their own.

Or he started off bigger, and in the process of getting to where he is now, gained that much strength.
  • Like 3

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Or he started off bigger, and in the process of getting to where he is now, gained that much strength.

Of course a possibility, and I get a lot of people only have the goal of strength. I just find it odd is all.

Of course a possibility, and I get a lot of people only have the goal of strength. I just find it odd is all.

Don't judge people by their size, regardless of whether you know their story or not. 

• Like 3

I had an entertaining morning in the gym. A few incidents of note:

1. A guy standing on some the seat of a sort of fixed lat pulldown machine to do some sort of push down.
  2. A group of teenage guys doing 50kg curl kinda things on the bench whilst shouting at their mate lying down on the actual bench "It's all you!" "Just one more!" "Pause this one... five... six... press"
  3. Another teenaged douchebag barging past the end of my bar to grab a 5kg plate just as I un-racked to squat (he didn't know that 90kg was a light weight for me, I'm a small-ish girl FFS) then using it to do curl-hip-thrusts in front of the mirror whilst scowling at me (I yelled at him when he barged past and scowled back).
  4. A guy doing high-ish rep squats with 190kg on the bar with such power at the top of the ROM that the plates clanged together (this one was more impressive/entertaining than the WTF above).

Admittedly, still feel silly doing high box squats but they're easy and fun and I managed a bit of a PB on deadlifts (90kg for four sets of six beltless with good form and no pain) so I don't care.

• Like 3

Don't judge people by their size, regardless of whether you know their story or not.

Like I said I'm not judging, I just don't understand. I've been fat myself and at the time I definitely didn't care.

Oh, another thing I saw today, one guy was doing seated lat raises but with terrible ROM and too heavy a weight, so the guy he was with decided to push his arms up and down on every rep. Thought it was weird.

Like I said I'm not judging, I just don't understand. I've been fat myself and at the time I definitely didn't care.

As Insanity says, he could have been fatter and have lost weight, he could just not care, he could genuinely be happy at that weight. Not everyone has the same ideals. There's a whole fetish scene dedicated to big, fat, hairy guys.

• Like 2