Forums are back in action! ×

Overheard in the gym - Share!

Some of these treadmill videos make me weep for the human race. And especially the parents who let their kids play on treadmills! Treadmills iz serious bizness - not to bring the thread down or anything but there's some serious Darwin in action there. Treadmills are like the Terminator - they want to kill you, and they won't stop!

I was thinking the same thing. Kids have been killed and seriously injured, playing around with treadmills.

1 Rep Max Deadlift-180lbs

1 Rep Max Clean and Jerk-90lbs

1 Rep Max Push Press-70lbs

1 Rep Max Back Squat-135lbs

1 Rep Strict Press-65lbs

Fitocracy

2 weeks till Hawaii

There is a lady who must be at least 50 with purple dyed hair that does really odd and provocative stretches and while doing them either pants and moans or makes noises that I can only liken to a crow caw, it is all around unpleasant.

Well I guess it's only life, it's only natural We all spend a little while going down the rabbit hole

Ha, I was going to post that. I've often wondered how many takes that took...

edit: and they obviously have some remote control software or something for the treadmills...

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

There is a lady who must be at least 50 with purple dyed hair that does really odd and provocative stretches and while doing them either pants and moans or makes noises that I can only liken to a crow caw, it is all around unpleasant.

Oh, second-hand embarrassment...

There was a lady in the free weights section this morning who was dispensing advice right, left and centre to any other lady who would listen. The best one was - "don't lift such heavy weights, you will get big." Sigh ...

Then she started dispensing advice to the men about doing more reps to build bigger muscles. Sigh ... Sigh ... Sigh

At that point, I decided it was time to move to the pull-up bar in case I could not overcome the uncontrollable urge to whack her on the head with a plate after removing it from my heavy barbell for my 5 rep set.

Do not worry if you have built your castles in the air.
They are where they should be.
Now put the foundations under them
. - Henry David Thoreau

popular?? theys was the bees knees! there was even some random advert that tried to copy it a bit... but failed really (alas even youtube has failed me in the search for it)

and bean next time just let your instincts guide you... she obviously had it coming :P

I liked OK Go before they were cool. :P

...not even kidding. When they released the treadmill video and were suddenly a hit, I found myself sympathizing with every indie douchebag ever.

• Like 1

Pain is the feeling of weakness leaving the body.

Blog | Pinterest | Fitocracy

I liked OK Go before they were cool. :P

...not even kidding. When they released the treadmill video and were suddenly a hit, I found myself sympathizing with every indie douchebag ever.

I'm like that with Fountains of Wayne. I hate being that guy, but I really did like them before they become well-known for Stacy's Mom (that stupid song).

The Tin Man: Cyborg Ranger

Tin Man's Out of Date Epic Quest

I am what I do.

This morning, there was a guy doing bench presses in the Smith machine. He had about 20 kg worth of plates on the bar, and when he pushed them up, threw the bar up into the air then caught it again. I guess that explains why he was doing them on the Smith machine, but it still seemed incredibly dumb. Or maybe I'm just biased against him because he spent his rests between sets watching me do deadlifts. (Which is why I noticed him in the first place.)

if there was a woman doing DL in my area there is no question that i'd be checking that out if i wasn't doing anything else... what the hell is more interesting than that at a gym...? what should I be looking at instead...? If a supermodel and peewee herman walked into my gym should i be looking at peewee herman..?

i don't care what u think of me. unless u think i'm awesome. in which case u're right.

Intro - Workout Log - ABS Log - Fitness Philosophy - Accountability - NERDEE - Weight Maintenance

if there was a woman doing DL in my area there is no question that i'd be checking that out if i wasn't doing anything else... what the hell is more interesting than that at a gym...? what should I be looking at instead...? If a supermodel and peewee herman walked into my gym should i be looking at peewee herman..?

I have a hard time not oggling my significant other when she is doing squats or wall balls.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I have a hard time not oggling my significant other when she is doing squats or wall balls.

Ummm, that's kinda one of the benefits of a significant other...ogling at any time, guilt-free. Just don't let it interfere with :smug: lifts.

Oh, and she's probably ogling you when you're not looking. I totally ogle my hubby when he's lifting just about anything.

• Like 1

The old believe everything; the middle aged suspect everything: the young know everything.

~Oscar Wilde

Ummm, that's kinda one of the benefits of a significant other...ogling at any time, guilt-free. Just don't let it interfere with :smug: lifts.

She does not appreciate it when it's in the middle of the gym in front of a bunch of people, not the type that likes attention.

• Like 1

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Do you cat call too?

Quietly so just she can hear me, which still makes her uncomfortable and makes her yell at me to stop, but is quiet enough so that others can't actually hear me, so I don't get in any real trouble.

500 / 330 / 625

Quietly so just she can hear me, which still makes her uncomfortable and makes her yell at me to stop, but is quiet enough so that others can't actually hear me, so I don't get in any real trouble.

Bahahahah! Good man, Corey, good man.

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

Yeeeaaah, I don't really like it when guys watch me in the gym. Glance at me? That's okay. I glance at them too. I may even watch them do a particularly impressive lift. I don't even mind being obviously checked out (although if I'm in ratty gym gear it will make me self-conscious). But sit there and watch me do 3x10 deadlifts? That's just creepy.

• Like 2

what gets me is the women who walk in with a pair of shorts that say pink or juicy in their rear and complain that guys are creepy... cause it's cute if the guy is hot, but creepy if the guy isn't to their liking... should this be in the argh thread...?

i don't care what u think of me. unless u think i'm awesome. in which case u're right.

Intro - Workout Log - ABS Log - Fitness Philosophy - Accountability - NERDEE - Weight Maintenance