Forums are back in action! ×

Overheard in the gym - Share!

Not exactly "overheard" since I was a participant.

I was just starting my workout (at a rack), and a girl comes up right next to me in the middle of my set and says something. So I rerack, take my headphones off, and she asks if I'm almost done. I have 4 sets of squats left, 5 sets of OHP and 3 sets of deadlifts to go.

This, apparently, is not acceptable. So she stands directly behind me and watches. And sighs every once in a while. I look down the line of racks (there are 8) and there's 2 open.

Eventually, the two guys next to me (who had also just started) quit early and gave her theirs.

The best part is that she did maybe 3 sets of power curtsies with an empty bar and then left.

Not overheard, but today I noticed little stickers on the power rack in my gym.  So, you can adjust the safety pins (obviously) and they're numbered.  I was doing my full squats, you know, alllll the way down, and I had the pins at 16, although I probably could have had them at 15 and not hit them when I got to the bottom.

The stickers were at the 12 setting and said "do not set pins below here for squat exercises."  They looked like manufacturer's stickers.

Like... what?  Is this a thing anyone else has ever seen?  It's like they want you to only do power curtsies.

Butts.

Walking into the locker room this evening, behind some youngsters, we ALL noticed that it was a little funkier that usual

Dude #1 chimed in immediately: "Wow. This smells like store that sells diseased feet. At room temperature."

Dude #2 raises: "Yeah, like a FootLocker in Ringworm, Ohio*"

Dude #3 calls: "It's like a rental shoe at a Bowling Alley on Leprosy Island"

Game, Set, Match to #3

* Any joke tah makes fun of Ohio in ANY way, is good with me

ricardo+montalban.JPG

Welcome to Leprosy Island!

• Like 2

Tomu-san - Level 3 HalfOgre Ranger

[ STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 8 | WIS 6 | CHA 2 ]

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass. And I've just finished my milk."

- Maurice Moss

Amazeballs! I love that guy, his vids are hilarious!

I feel really left out of this thread - everyone at my gym is amazing. There's no power curtsies, no curl bros, no heavily made-up women on the exercise bike leafing through Hello magazine. Just people busting their ass, squatting ass-to-grass and lifting heavy iron. :(

Goddamn 'em!

• Like 3

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

I feel really left out of this thread - everyone at my gym is amazing. There's no power curtsies, no curl bros, no heavily made-up women on the exercise bike leafing through Hello magazine. Just people busting their ass, squatting ass-to-grass and lifting heavy iron. :(

Goddamn 'em!

Me too! I workout at home. I guess I could say something stupid, though.

The past is only smoke in a dream.

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

STR 9 DEX 4 STA 9 CON 8 WIS 2 CHA 8

Barfly ain't even tryin'...

Goddamn 'em!

Dom is the basis for my challenge- "Repping for Jesus" he he he he

love me some Dom (god that sounds dirty)

don't feel to bad- I moved from LA Fitness to a power house- that's like a LIFTERS gym- I feel like such a nobody since what I do is what everyone else does.  LOL_ also very little power curling in the squat rack.

There is a weird "bellydance fitness" class on Sunday's- I've been dying to poke my head in... the one girl was tying the cheap airport special coin belts most people use for bellydancing around her head at one point.  I wanted to die.

• Like 3

don't feel to bad- I moved from LA Fitness to a power house- that's like a LIFTERS gym- I feel like such a nobody since what I do is what everyone else does.  LOL_ also very little power curling in the squat rack.

Since moving from a Planet Fitness to a Powerhouse, my amusement has decreased.  However, my pain and suffering has increased. :D

• Like 2

level 4 Gnoll warrior
STR 6|DEX 5|STA 4|CON 5|WIS 5|CHA 2

Building a better Raev, part 1.

Goal: working set of 350# squat, 235# bench, 370# deadlift, 15% or lower BF%

Fix slight pelvic tilt, reinforce lower back to help disc issue

I read that as "Clown Shoe"

tramp_stamp1.jpg

These guys make such good beer.

• Like 1

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Goddamn 'em!

Stop complaining!  lol.  That's a damn good gym you have there.  Mine is almost as good, since it's an MMA gym, but we do have THAT GUY who always does curls in the squat rack.  Always.  On the bright side, he's at least really good about reracking his weights and everything else.  

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™