Forums are back in action! ×

The ARGH Thread

Why, when you go into <fast food restaurant> and order food + 2 drinks, do you have to ask for a drink carrier? How many hands do I appear to have? And yes, I can carry the bag and 2 cups (actually 3), but that is beside the point... Course, if I hit my goal of not eating fast food, this will be less of an issue.

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

I had to stop during my run yesterday. I was shooting for the longest I've ever run - 8.9 miles. I got 8.15 and my knee started hurting enough to alter my stride. I spent the next 0.75 miles walking and alternating between ARGH and woot from the disappointment of having to stop (I've barely ever stopped while running in my life) and the happiness that I was smart enough to have stopped.

Woot-side: my knee doesn't bother me at all today, so I made the right call. Argh.

The Tin Man: Cyborg Ranger

Tin Man's Out of Date Epic Quest

I am what I do.

I work in a relatively conservative office, sometimes I listen to music (with headphones) when I'm feeling a little blah, or can overhear too many phone conversation. It usually helps me get more productive, but today it's making me want to get up & dance!!!! But I can't, I don't think it would go over too well.....

Warrior Princess Lisa

Super Hero in training- Ranger Squad C

STR-2 DEX-1 STA-4 CON-1 WIS-4 CHA-3

How can a Super Hero Ranger not win?

http://nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?10910-Super-Hero-in-training-challenge-log!&p=153311#post153311

Pretty sure I have cancer of the butt.

Well, okay, no. I suddenly have this weird lump thing right under the skin, though. I used to have what I thought was a tiny cyst there, totally not going to get noticed by anyone but me, but suddenly it's visibly larger and a bit painful. Gah. Better get it checked out by my doc. Hopefully before anyone with access to a view of my butt notices it and goes "Ewwww Gwen I am pretty sure you have cancer of the butt."

Really don't have the time or inclination to have my bitter old lady doc looking at my butt. Sigh. Better do it anyway.

Watch me have to get this thing taken out surgically, I'll be done with squats for ages.

Pain is the feeling of weakness leaving the body.

Blog | Pinterest | Fitocracy

Is she actually a trainer there with regular clients? The first gym I was in, the trainers were brilliant and knew what they were talking about - I still keep in contact with a couple on Facebook even though the gym is closed. But for my induction, they gave me this skinny kid who knew nothing about weights AT ALL and told me as much during the tour. Showed me how to do the cardio machines, recommended the weights machines... end.

Maybe she's just showing people around? Hopefully?

the gym is pretty small and only has two trainers that are allowed to train people at it. She is one of those two trainers and does the exact same thing with every person, every time. And they come back and see her again sometimes just to have her write down their weight info and say "nice work"...

Well I guess it's only life, it's only natural We all spend a little while going down the rabbit hole

Well, okay, no. I suddenly have this weird lump thing right under the skin, though. I used to have what I thought was a tiny cyst there, totally not going to get noticed by anyone but me, but suddenly it's visibly larger and a bit painful. Gah. Better get it checked out by my doc. Hopefully before anyone with access to a view of my butt notices it and goes "Ewwww Gwen I am pretty sure you have cancer of the butt."

Really don't have the time or inclination to have my bitter old lady doc looking at my butt. Sigh. Better do it anyway.

Watch me have to get this thing taken out surgically, I'll be done with squats for ages.

Sounds like a small cyst which tends to get bigger when they get rubbed. Typically they just get drained if they're on the surface though. My sister had one under her shoulder blade that got huge. Had minor surgery and was working out 4 days later. Hope its nothing major!

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Wake Your Dreams...

I'm sorry, but I lol'ed at this, mainly because my husband automatically assumed every bump, bruise, and pain is "cancer of the *insert body port*", and it's become sort of a private joke. Good to see there are others out there.

I agree with the cyst theory. My mom had one right between her shoulder blades that had to be surgically removed. She was back to normal in a few days, RoM-wise.

The old believe everything; the middle aged suspect everything: the young know everything.

~Oscar Wilde

Bumps = ARGH. I have a bump on my boob (I am NOT calling it a lump) that I'm getting checked out on Friday. I'm sure it's nothing, but....

*hugs* I'm sure it's nothing! Forgive me if it's TMI, but does it move around when you feel it, or does it seem "rooted"? Is it tender? Do you happen to drink a lot of diet soda, by chance?

The old believe everything; the middle aged suspect everything: the young know everything.

~Oscar Wilde

Failed on the third rep of my heaviest set of barbell shoulder presses this morning. I ran the numbers this afternoon and that weight is only five pounds under my first challenge goal. Argh! Five more pounds!

[table=width: 600]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 3 Elf Warrior

STR 9.5|DEX 6|STA 9|CON 7|WIS 8.5|CHA 2

Challenge thread

Twitter

"There is never an absolute answer to everything, except of course that you have to do your squats." - Mark Rippetoe

[/table]

Failed on the third rep of my heaviest set of barbell shoulder presses this morning. I ran the numbers this afternoon and that weight is only five pounds under my first challenge goal. Argh! Five more pounds!

whoa that means you're totally gotta get this thing before the end of the challenge. :D soooo WOOOOT.

...we, each of us, are responsible for our own fulfillment. Nobody else can provide it for us, and to believe otherwise is to delude ourselves dangerously and to program for eventual failure every relationship we enter. - Tom Robbins

Current Challenge: Life, man.

whoa that means you're totally gotta get this thing before the end of the challenge. :D soooo WOOOOT.

True! That is a woot. I just have to get past the fail point at two more weight increments. Heavy things are heavy.

[table=width: 600]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 3 Elf Warrior

STR 9.5|DEX 6|STA 9|CON 7|WIS 8.5|CHA 2

Challenge thread

Twitter

"There is never an absolute answer to everything, except of course that you have to do your squats." - Mark Rippetoe

[/table]

Paleo in France is not easy, hoboy. Last night a friend asked what I wanted to eat for her party tonight. I said I'll eat anything but bread or sugar, though alcohol is ok cause it's the weekend. (I treat myself every couple Saturdays or so.) I also offered to bring a meat dish. So she goes, "Ok, we'll do pizza and chips. Don't worry about food." I thought she was kidding, because she knows I like to eat healthy. Then I asked today and she was serious. "I didn't get the link between pizza and bread." HEADDESK. I feel like a dick for being difficult, but last night she insisted on making sure that I'd have stuff to enjoy. So idk. Pounding back a steak and spinach before heading over now.

Train hard. Drink tea.

Walked past this ad on the way to work today:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3146[/ATTACH]

Argh. I know it's silly for it to bug me, but... corn is not a veg, it's a grain. Can we please not encourage people in already-unhealthy Scotland to think just corn covered in refined vegetable oil products is an acceptable, even "powerhouse" vegetable choice?

However, this was also on my walk to work today, so I'm not complaining too much. I love my city...

403403_10150742531702041_554517040_9725736_236017235_n.jpg

post-3722-13567243787498_thumb.jpg

Pain is the feeling of weakness leaving the body.

Blog | Pinterest | Fitocracy