Forums are back in action! ×

A two-fer!

I'm trying to cheat by putting two w00ts into one, I suppose. But it's better than two threads, right?

First of all, like I noted in my challenge, I'm done with my NRT. That means no nicotine is in my system at all. To put it in the way that I love to say, I QUIT SMOKING! That fifteen year habit is just gone.

Secondly, and something I never would have been able to do before the first w00t, I started the Couch to 5K program! Historically, even as far back as high school, my oft-spoken motto has been "I don't run on purpose." But I managed it. To make sure I stick with it, I signed myself up for a 5K run that takes place right after I finish the program, and I'm super excited!

• Like 2

Rangers, ho!

My Character and Epic Quest

My current Challenge

Previous Challenges: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Just now, Mike_d85 said:

Awesome!  I hope you enjoy the 5k.  There's something wildly different about running a race that's way more exciting.  Especially if the race is giving you delicious, delicious food stuffs.

Thanks! I'm sure I'll love it.

I don't know if there are delicious food stuffs involved with this race, but it has something even better: dogs! I'm running for a spay-and-neuter charity, and it's a pet-friendly 5k. So I'll get to go the whole distance with dogs all around me. I'd take my own, but she is... uncontrolled, at best. :-)

Rangers, ho!

My Character and Epic Quest

My current Challenge

Previous Challenges: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

These are great changes.  Well done and keep working and sharing!

Level 1 NPC Assassin

Strength: 2Dexterity: 0 Stamina: 3 Constitution: 1 Wisdom: 4Charisma: 0

Current Quest  |  Previous Quest Current Stats

Weight Loss Goal: 40 of 116 lbs; 296 to 180

{progress='1e90ff'}34.5{/progress}

Well done!  I quit smoking myself just a few months ago and know very well how difficult it can be.  I've stuck with it though, and it was one of the best things I have done for myself.  And congratulations on the weight loss and the running as well!!

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply.  Willing is not enough, we must do."

--Bruce Lee

Wow, that's brilliant! Quitting smoking is probably the best thing you could possibly do, and possibly one of the hardest too. Congrats. 

Lots of people keep a single thread going for all their Woots. It keeps them all together so you can see how much you've achieved, and it keeps all your followers up to speed when you post something new. 

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously