Forums are back in action! ×

...but I'm in better health now than I've been in over 30 years, thanks to adopting healthier food choices (now paleo/primal for 8 months) last April.

My goal for 2012? To hit my 50th birthday (in October of this year) in better physical condition than I've been in 30 years.

Pretty audacious, you think? Nope - I'm betting it'll be easier than you might imagine. See, I've been an overweight, sedentary slob for most of that time (with intermittent bouts of physical activity/weight loss that just didn't stick.) And while I ramped up the physical activity mid-last-year, well - it took a back seat to the dietary changes (which are completely dialed in at this point, hooray!)

Now? It's time to start cranking on all cylinders. So that's why I'm now a raw rookie recruit doing the level 1 NF program, for starters.

Because I deserve to have a kickass *next* 50 years, don't I?

Dwarf = Squad Adventurers

...walking all over that whole 'old and decrepit' thing

Why am I not playing along this time? Uhhhh...can you say crash, boom, ow?

I may be almost 50 - but I hardly act my age. Follow me for mercurial, smartass randomness: @betsywhim on Twitter.

I think you picked a great title for your post as it got all of us that are over 40 checking it out. :glee: Just turned 41 this past Sunday. Congrats on being at such a great place in your life now and still wanting to level up to even better!

“Women are like teabags. You never know how strong they are till they get in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

MyFitnessPal Diary

Well, looks like I'm just a Human

STR 1; DEX 2; STA 1; CON 2; WIS 4; CHA 5

Bumblebee's Quest to Play!

I love you guys! I just turned 44 and rocked the work out tonight. Kicked it.

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

+1 for the old (insert age slur here) group. I'm 52 and stronger than I've ever been. If you dig a bit in the threads you can find my maxes at 52.

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

I too am 49, and have spent the last 14 months, working on correcting 49 years of bad lifestyle choices, still a work in progess. To that end, I am more active, eating better food, and ran my first half-marathon in September (hoping to do a full one before I turn). Getting older isn;t so bad. Thanks for posting.

Brian~

Do Life!

I honestly can't imagine having worked out like this when I was young. Even though girls played soccer, tennis, etc. it slowed waaayy down in high school and almost stopped completely in college. That's what happened to me. Playing sports was for girls not women. BUT I could never imagine doing heavy lifting back then. Can you imagine? It so would not have happened at my high school or college. My my my how much things have really changed for the better!!!

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

You kids can all get off my lawn! I'll be 62 in May this year and if I can turn my physical self around, then you all can too!

I yield my title as oldest rebel.....

Tally Sheet for 2019

You kids can all get off my lawn! I'll be 62 in May this year and if I can turn my physical self around, then you all can too!

Gotcha - Dad. (Or in true 'get off my lawn!' style, are you the cranky uncle instead?)

Dwarf = Squad Adventurers

...walking all over that whole 'old and decrepit' thing

Why am I not playing along this time? Uhhhh...can you say crash, boom, ow?

I may be almost 50 - but I hardly act my age. Follow me for mercurial, smartass randomness: @betsywhim on Twitter.

I am 43 and it was really great to find this thread! I think 40 was my turning point finally. Spent a lifetime being sort of a small person who could eat anything and barely exercise. I rebelled against the slowing of my metabolism for a LONG time, but realized I needed to take the helm and do what needed to be done.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Atheist Naturalist Halfling Ranger

STR|2 DEX|3 STA|2 CON|3 WIS|3 CHA|2

“Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you. And sometimes, when you fall, you fly.â€― Neil Gaiman

I doubt there are enough of us for a +40 forum. Just you just put that in the title (For older nerds) or something. I know I just use the latest post button and never browse by forum anyway.

Tally Sheet for 2019