Forums are back in action! ×

Hey everyone! I have a feeling my general narrative isn't too unfamiliar - I've been reading Nerd Fitness for a good while now (a couple years actually!) and only just now decided to join the forums. Given my commitment to and enjoyment of working out, I think having absolutely no social life that is at all involved in fitness has become a bit of an obstacle for me, so I decided to solve my problem by becoming involved!

A little about me: I'm 26, male, currently working for my county and studying for the GRE so I can go to grad school in 2018, am into video games (I'm a Nintendo guy mostly, but I love the Elder Scrolls series), board games (especially cooperative), Pathfinder and a few other tabletop RPGs, reading, pets (my cat Olive is the best), and lifting. I'm a trans guy, but not really involved with the LGBT community - I don't feel like I have much in common with that crowd in general. I'm mostly interested in powerlifting, but in the back of my brain there's a little lingering part of me that wonders if I might be able to enter an amateur physique competition or something one of these days... One step at a time though - powerlifting first!

Looking forward to meeting everyone! :)

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Barghest said:

That's actually really exciting to hear, Imprimis - I've been really into Mysterium and Zombicide: Black Plague recently, but I also love Arkham Horror, Mice and Mystics, and Pandemic. Where do you work?

Very cool. I really like all of those (save for Zombicide). I work for Greater Than Games. We publish Sentinels of the Multiverse, which is a cooperative comic book superpowered hero card game, as well as a few other things.

Rangers, ho!

My Character and Epic Quest

My current Challenge

Previous Challenges: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

16 minutes ago, Barghest said:

Very cool! Sentinels is actually on my "want to try" list, but I haven't yet met anyone who has it so I could test it out before buying (I'm a little more picky about card-based games than others, usually). It looks pretty neat. What sort of work do you do there?

Neat! If you want, there's always the free demo (which is actually a full learning game, if I'm not remembering incorrectly) of the video game version on Steam. The video game is exactly the same as the card game, just in digital form. And you don't need other people!

I'm the community manager. So I do forums, social media, customer support, convention support, and all that good stuff.

Rangers, ho!

My current Challenge

I had no idea it was a game on Steam - I'll definitely check that out later on - tonight will be spent at the gym and then finishing up prep for my Pathfinder campaign which starts on Wednesday (I'm running Carrion Crown, with some of my own additions/extras on top) - but Tuesday should be pretty free for gaming time. :)

That sounds like it would be a lot of fun - engaging with people and whatnot. Have you ever been to DragonCon in Atlanta?

1 minute ago, Barghest said:

I had no idea it was a game on Steam - I'll definitely check that out later on - tonight will be spent at the gym and then finishing up prep for my Pathfinder campaign which starts on Wednesday (I'm running Carrion Crown, with some of my own additions/extras on top) - but Tuesday should be pretty free for gaming time. :)

That sounds like it would be a lot of fun - engaging with people and whatnot. Have you ever been to DragonCon in Atlanta?

Great! I hope you enjoy it. I'm getting ready to run a Mutants & Masterminds game, myself. :-)

And it really is! DragonCon hasn't historically been my thing, just because I'm usually either at or near PAX in Seattle at the same time. I've wanted to go, but conflicts abound. Maybe someday, but I'm not holding my breath; PAX is too big a show for us to miss, and we don't usually do great at comic/sff cons.

Rangers, ho!

My current Challenge

Oh, Mutants and Masterminds looks really fun - one of these days I'm hoping to take part in a session or three.

You are you DragonCon as I am to PAX, I think. I keep trying to go, but other stuff just gets in the way - maybe next year (I've said that before though :P). It would be PAX East for me though - actually, I just looked up next year's, and since it's in Boston I might actually be able to go. I have friends in Boston I can stay with, and it's only a ~2.5 hour drive from me. I'm glad we had this conversation!

• Like 1

vkEpJ.gif

Just kidding, we're not quite that bad ;) 

I'm Stella, welcome to the rebellion! I read up on the articles and forums for years before taking the plunge and joining too. Ooh, so you like the elder scrolls games? I've played them all the way since Redguard, but the one that stuck with me most to this day is Skyrim; I've clocked up almost 1k hours and have never gone more than a week since it came out without playing it, even to this day! Which is your favourite of all of them? 

Best of luck with the power-lifting! I hope you find everything you're looking for here!

Stella :) 

• Like 1

Stella   ::   Sprightly Elf   ::   Level 1

Me!      ::    Battle log       ::   Challenge

Hi Stella! Thanks for the welcome. :)

Man, it's a tough choice for me between Skyrim and Oblivion - in the end though, I've got to go with Oblivion. I feel like the overall plots, especially the guild plots, were just more enjoyable, and having a more varied world to run through definitely made for a great experience - but honestly, what really tips the balance is Shivering Isles. I've been really enjoying Elder Scrolls Online for the last couple of months too, but it just doesn't quite have the same feel to it, you know?

Speaking of which, if anyone wants to play some ESO, Destiny, or Overwatch, my PSN account is Magus_Zebulon.

45 minutes ago, Barghest said:

Hi Stella! Thanks for the welcome. :)

Man, it's a tough choice for me between Skyrim and Oblivion - in the end though, I've got to go with Oblivion. I feel like the overall plots, especially the guild plots, were just more enjoyable, and having a more varied world to run through definitely made for a great experience - but honestly, what really tips the balance is Shivering Isles. I've been really enjoying Elder Scrolls Online for the last couple of months too, but it just doesn't quite have the same feel to it, you know?

Speaking of which, if anyone wants to play some ESO, Destiny, or Overwatch, my PSN account is Magus_Zebulon.

No problemo! And yeah, I can see how that would be a tough choice. Each time I replay Oblivion I find myself noting features I wish they'd added to Skyrim (ie. birthsigns, sleeping to level up, which actually offers sleep some sort of purpose, although I d have mods for that now). I feel the same about the guild plots too! I guess that in Oblivion it felt less like you were supreme OP overlord of everything and more some unknown rut who happens to be in the right places at the right time, yaknow? And yeah, I know exactly what you mean about Elder Scrolls Online. I just couldn't get into it in the same way as Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim. 

Glad to have another Elder Scrolls nerd in the rebellion! :D

Stella   ::   Sprightly Elf   ::   Level 1

Me!      ::    Battle log       ::   Challenge

Hey Barghest!

Love seeing new powerlifters around! :D Pop on over to the Warriors boards to say, "Hello!" I totally get the frustrations with the LGBT community. I'm cis but bi/pan and find it a tough community to fit in with sometimes (so I sort of gave up and just hang out with people I like, regardless of orientation or gender).

Give me a shout if there's anything I can do to help with the powerlifting side of things!

Sundae