Forums are back in action! ×

Found this site via marks daily apple, and while that forum has been invaluable to me as a resource since eating strictly clean for the past few months, this site feels like home.

I've always been skinny but lost a significant amount of weight last year (NOT trying) and with it a ton of muscle. Downward spiral to metabolic crash and burn with accompanying emotional health fallout. Eliminating grains and sugars have been a major factor in regaining normal adrenal function and overall health, but now I'm at a point I need to rebuild muscle and overall mass. SO STOKED to have found this site as it's the first I've seen that has info specifically for beginner weaklings like me :)

I'm still exploring, but here's where I'm currently at:

115 pounds (i'm tall so this is deffo underweight) but gained from my illness-low of 101 around New Years

Did my first full chinup since middle school about a week ago WhooHoo

Generally doing bodyweight sets of squats, pushups (few), attempted pullups (few), plank (30sec-ish) a couple of times a week

my current goals for the next month or three are:

Continue eating yummy foods, but more consistently eat MORE (avg 2500 kcal, need to up that!)

Learn AWESOME form lifting squats, bench, deadlift, overhead press and figure out my baseline/start lifting 2-3x/wk

Get laid. Or hit up https://www.smittenkittenonline.com/, cuz feeling healthy for the first time in YEARS is making me NUTS.

...That last bit is not usually as high a priority as the first two, but I ended up with the day off work on a rest day and my workout w a friend yesterday got the blood flowing unexpectedly.... so..... there's THAT, and that's pretty much me, a bit too straightforward about what's on my mind than the general populace of the Midwest cares for :)

Happy Thursday, all!

so..... there's THAT, and that's pretty much me, a bit too straightforward about what's on my mind than the general populace of the Midwest cares for :)

Welcome! I love straighforward people. Never have to guess what we're thinking :victorious:

“Women are like teabags. You never know how strong they are till they get in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

MyFitnessPal Diary

Well, looks like I'm just a Human

STR 1; DEX 2; STA 1; CON 2; WIS 4; CHA 5

Bumblebee's Quest to Play!

Hi there - my solution to my own 'way too straightforward/outspoken' attitude was to leave Michigan. Loved NYC (felt completely at home), but Portland, Oregon landed me right back in the land of passive-aggressive niceness, sadly.

But guess what? Am too old to change my ways - so this is what they get!

Dwarf = Squad Adventurers

...walking all over that whole 'old and decrepit' thing

Why am I not playing along this time? Uhhhh...can you say crash, boom, ow?

I may be almost 50 - but I hardly act my age. Follow me for mercurial, smartass randomness: @betsywhim on Twitter.

Hi there - my solution to my own 'way too straightforward/outspoken' attitude was to leave Michigan. Loved NYC (felt completely at home), but Portland, Oregon landed me right back in the land of passive-aggressive niceness, sadly.

But guess what? Am too old to change my ways - so this is what they get!

I'm in Portland too... but I try not to be passive aggressive... just passive :P We totally need to work on a Portland NF meetup sometime this year.

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram

Ditto! Welcome! And forget the rest of the midwest...buncha redneck farmers! (OMG I live in the Midwest do not kill me please).

Ha ha spent many years in the Midwest. Some good, some bad, all nerdy.... Family inlaw still living and lovin the Midwest. Still a fan of the big 10 but boy do I hate big ag... Although on many levels I miss the daily farm and hunting reports.

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Ditto! Welcome! And forget the rest of the midwest...buncha redneck farmers! (OMG I live in the Midwest do not kill me please).

Not all of us, but yeah there are a lot of rednecks. I hate the guys in the huge assed pick up trucks that don't respect my car as a legitimate vehicle (smart fortwo passion coupe!).

Anyway, welcome to the Rebellion, and I would like to add that I have had that same problem speaking my mind here in the Midwest. Oh well, I have learned when to speak over the years (although i often ignore the lessons!).

Lol, your post made me laugh a little. I think I have very similar ambitions, being able to eat healthier and eat more would be good. Ever since I started my fitness trend I can't justify food nearly as much and eat too little. Best of luck! =) You'll most likely smash your goals and be making new ones in no time at all!

Although on many levels I miss the daily farm and hunting reports.

Yes! haha, I found myself reading the "first kills" section of a small paper not too long ago. I wish I was that badass when I was 13!

(smart fortwo passion coupe!)
Nice! There are a lot of those here in the Twin Cities, they hold their own against the multitudes of Suburbans and Escalades :)
I think I have very similar ambitions, being able to eat healthier and eat more would be good. Ever since I started my fitness trend I can't justify food nearly as much and eat too little

Haha, I didn't see this until I'd posted to your intro-- yes, I definitely have found that cutting out grains has killed the insane cravings for snacks. At the same time if I don't keep track of my intake I definitely am less hungry (and eat less) than what I want to eat for awesome muscle-building :)