Forums are back in action! ×

Is Your SO (or do you hope to have someday) a Nerd, Closet Nerd, or Non-Nerd?

This is sad, I guess.. I predate the term. And ladywildross and I have been married since before "The Revenge of the Nerds" movie was released. I was so socially inept in high school, and so uncool, that I don't even know what slur was used to describe people like me....brains maybe?? One of my favorite sets of books was the encyclopedia set my folks had. And yes, I read them for fun. Now, I have a problem with wikipedia for some reason. I realized pretty early on that I have a somewhat addictive personality, so I've always avoided video games and fantasy games...actually games in general. I've worked with computers and technology since the mid '80s. Before that I was a farmer.

Ladywildross is not a computer nerd, she was/is a band/music/art nerd. I've quipped at times that her whole life is set to music.

Edit: I'm informed by ladywildross that Nerd was in fact a term while we were in high shcool

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

Guest Eduard

I don't care that much about it, since unfortunately I'm not that much of a nerd myself, but my future wife can be a nerd, I don't mind at all - as long as she has an angelic personality and is a redhead (NOT natural, pweaaase!).

So if any of you or your daughters meet this description, and you are willing to promise them to me without their consent (like the Indians do), PM me so we can arrange a trade. :topsy_turvy: Oh, and also, she can be rich too, but I prefer warm with everyone and kind-hearted over rich. But if she is rich AND likes Pirates of the Caribbean, I'll take her without the "kind-hearted" part.

And she must not snore. Neither have an annoying voice, or hairy arms (or legs / armpits / breaaasts... eww!). Also, she must have NOT been married before / have kids / had a previous boyfriend / ever gone to a Ladies Night / be into aliens or ancient Greek statues. Tattoos on her are fine, as long as there's my name in them. Regarding cooking, she should be pretty skillful with it as well, 'cause I'm afraid to light a match.

Oh, and she can wear glasses, but not all the time, please. :smug: And she must not be afraid of shellfishes, 'cause I am. I really really really am. :dispirited:

I accept all the heights between... say... 1.70 and 1.85. And weight... I don't care that much about it, just not morbidly obese - skinny as a rail is fine. And I don't care about her origins or religion either... I mean, I don't want a Chinese / Indian / Indigenous chick... and neither a... dunno... I think I'll accept any religion on her side.

And she can have a drivers / pilots license, but it's not mandatory.

Thank you. As I said, if you have one of these, PM me and I'll reply you with the address to send her to. Thanksies cutiepies! :tranquil:

I don't care that much about it, since unfortunately I'm not that much of a nerd myself, but my future wife can be a nerd, I don't mind at all - as long as she has an angelic personality and is a redhead (NOT natural, pweaaase!).

So if any of you or your daughters meet this description, and you are willing to promise them to me without their consent (like the Indians do), PM me so we can arrange a trade. :topsy_turvy: Oh, and also, she can be rich too, but I prefer warm with everyone and kind-hearted over rich. But if she is rich AND likes Pirates of the Caribbean, I'll take her without the "kind-hearted" part.

And she must not snore. Neither have an annoying voice, or hairy arms (or legs / armpits / breaaasts... eww!). Also, she must have NOT been married before / have kids / had a previous boyfriend / ever gone to a Ladies Night / be into aliens or ancient Greek statues. Tattoos on her are fine, as long as there's my name in them. Regarding cooking, she should be pretty skillful with it as well, 'cause I'm afraid to light a match.

Oh, and she can wear glasses, but not all the time, please. :smug: And she must not be afraid of shellfishes, 'cause I am. I really really really am. :dispirited:

I accept all the heights between... say... 1.70 and 1.85. And weight... I don't care that much about it, just not morbidly obese - skinny as a rail is fine. And I don't care about her origins or religion either... I mean, I don't want a Chinese / Indian / Indigenous chick... and neither a... dunno... I think I'll accept any religion on her side.

Thank you. As I said, if you have one of these, PM me and I'll reply you with the address to send her to. Thanksies cutiepies! :tranquil:

You...are a nut! I mean that in the kindest way possible. :smug:

The old believe everything; the middle aged suspect everything: the young know everything.

~Oscar Wilde

Guest Gemeaux

Wow..

I have dated or married, a computer programmer into rpg's and sca, an english teacher, and a trailer park king with a video game and sci-fi book collection. Nerds come in flavors. I am currently "dating" (or trying to date) an engineering student who is more of a closet nerd. He makes sly references to ancient nerd lore (mostly Lucas film quotes) and then is startled when I am the only person in the room who catches it and laughs. I am definitely more comfortable with the brainier nerds, being a brainy nerd myself, heavy on the brainy, lighter on the sci-fi/fantasy elements. The video gaming fella with the blue collar background was hard to relate to on many levels.

Never cheat off the dumb kid.

Wife is a non-nerd. More of a hippy: makes her own granola (not so much any more; paleo now), dries fruit, recycles everything, etc. She humors my nerd obsessions though.

"|Improvise, adapt, overcome. "

Level 3 Wood Elf Ranger  | STR11DEX5STA6CON3WIS2CHA3 ]

[ Dragons to slay:|250+ PFT 290+ CFT GORUCK Spartan 13.1 290+ PFT 20 +35# Pullups ]

[ Challenges: 1 2 Current ||RPG Fanatics Goblin Ganker ]

@Supermom and Gemeaux

What? :confused-new:

I think we foresee a life of solitude and disappointment in your future. :-)

Tally Sheet for 2019

Guest Eduard
I think we foresee a life of solitude and disappointment in your future. :-)

I'm gonna lower my requirements as the years pass... the very least that I'll take will be just a kind-hearted redhead, I guess. With breasts - two of them, ideally. :love-struck: And she should be able to make me a daughter, 'cause that's the only kid I want to ever have. Cute little mini daughter that will look like a mini version of her mom.

And my requirements aren't even that high, since I don't nacessarily want her to be intelligent. She can be dumb as a rock, it's the same thing for me, I just want a good soul. And red hair, breasts, and cute daughter. It's not that much, really, since I'm gonna be great-looking (checked already) and rich (in progress).

OH, AND I FORGOT!!! Damn, that's crucial! She ABSOLUTELY MUST love Owl City and Blue, specifically

and
, and
song. Ideally, also Blue - Bubblin and Blue - Supersexual should be her favorites, but I'm too lazy to link to. And as an added bonus, she can like
too by James Blunt. And Cheryl Cole, and
by Sean Paul. And if she'll like any non-English songs,
must be one of them. Also, her workout playlist must contain
by Caitlin Crosby.

NOW GO FIND ME THAT GIRL, GUYS!!!... I want her until the sun goes down, dead or alive.

I'm gonna lower my requirements as the years pass... the very least that I'll take will be just a kind-hearted redhead, I guess. With breasts - two of them, ideally. :love-struck: And she should be able to make me a daughter, 'cause that's the only kid I want to ever have. Cute little mini daughter that will look like a mini version of her mom.

And my requirements aren't even that high, since I don't nacessarily want her to be intelligent. She can be dumb as a rock, it's the same thing for me, I just want a good soul. And red hair, breasts, and cute daughter. It's not that much, really, since I'm gonna be great-looking (checked already) and rich (in progress).

OH, AND I FORGOT!!! Damn, that's crucial! She ABSOLUTELY MUST love Owl City and Blue, specifically

and
, and
song. Ideally, also Blue - Bubblin and Blue - Supersexual should be her favorites, but I'm too lazy to link to. And as an added bonus, she can like
too by James Blunt. And Cheryl Cole, and
by Sean Paul. And if she'll like any non-English songs,
must be one of them. Also, her workout playlist must contain
by Caitlin Crosby.

NOW GO FIND ME THAT GIRL, GUYS!!!... I want her until the sun goes down, dead or alive.

Oh Eduard...you seem to think that one of a kind girl will be yours some day. Well, it turns out I have exactly the same interests, hobbies, activities, taste in music, fascination with boobs and red hair, and dark black sweatshirt that I see in your profile picture. That girl you describe...will be MINE. I will find her and marry her first! That's right, I'm going to deny you a lifetime of happiness and contentedness with the one and only girl that's right for you. Stop me if you can, but the race has already begun and time is running out.

I own half a dozen multimillion dollar companies in four different countries (and one that operates in low Earth orbit) and drive an orange monster truck that combusts $100 bills as fuel, and have poured all my resources into this search. Even now my teams of minions are scouring the ends of the world for this lady/dream girl/mysterious creature/fabled unicorn.

Your efforts will be doomed.

Wrahaha, mine is an evil laugh!

My wife's a developer, and we initially met on a MUD that I had co-created with her "at the time" boyfriend. About a year after she broke up with him, she came out to Chicago to visit her sister, and since I was going to school the area at the time, we met up, fell in love, etc, etc, etc.

I told her later that what sealed it for me was finding out that she had played The Bard's Tale back in the day as that was one my first (and one of my all-time favorite) computer RPGs.

So, this changes the dynamic that most couples have when the husband is into computers. Rather than getting a "Don't spend too much" from her, I get "So, you're getting the 64-bit processor and the solid state drive, right?".

Repairing a lifetime of bad habits...

Oh Eduard...you seem to think that one of a kind girl will be yours some day. Well, it turns out I have exactly the same interests, hobbies, activities, taste in music, fascination with boobs and red hair, and dark black sweatshirt that I see in your profile picture.

Too late, I already have her. She's my 6' red-headed amazon (and sorry, her twin sister is happily married, too).

Repairing a lifetime of bad habits...

Hmmm, my wife, not really. I'm not sure I've ever met a nerd to the core female. I've met some that partook in the culture, but I've never met one that could for example entertain herself for hours with a spreadsheet, learned a programming language just 'cause, or read the entirety of the Star Wars EU. I've gotten my wife into fantasy football (she is hardcore with that now), so she's taken a step in that direction.

currently cutting

battle log challenges: 21,20, 19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

don't panic!

Thats an extremely specific list of requirements for your future spouse! Dont forget to keep your eyes open though cos you never know, a girl could come along thats the complete opposite of your "ideal" girl and sweep you off your feet!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Twitter Blog

Attributes:

Strength (STR): 3

Dexterity (DEX): 1

Stamina (STA): 4

Constitution (CON): 2

Wisdom (WIS): 3

Charisma (CHA): 2

Thats an extremely specific list of requirements for your future spouse! Dont forget to keep your eyes open though cos you never know, a girl could come along thats the complete opposite of your "ideal" girl and sweep you off your feet!

In my experiences, I used to have a grocery list of traits I wanted my SO to have. As I got older and saw a lot of good (& bad) relationships form with different people I knew, I realized most of those traits wouldn't really matter and they were only complicating the whole dating scene (as if it wasn't complicated enough). It's how it all comes together that'll determine what makes you happy, don't miss the forest for the trees, the whole is greater than the sum of the parts, etc etc etc

Although I would be a lying scoundrel if the fact that everyone around me is tying the knot isn't an influence towards me being less picky. Not that I'm going to get married out of peer pressure, but it's something hard to ignore.

I think Eduard has the right idea!...I want my next SO to be gorgeous and tan and enamored of my mom-body...he will ignore hot young chicks in favor of a much more <ahem> ripe physique. Nevertheless HE will maintain a perfect youthful appearance, with apparently no effort, and be a brilliant cook, masseuse, and millionaire. He will speak 4 languages and his English will be excellent but have a lovely accent. I will spend my time lounging on our private tropical island, waiting for him to bring me Mai Tai's and seduce me in waterfalls. Or I will remain forever single, waiting for this vision of perfection...lol.

Never cheat off the dumb kid.

Guest Eduard

Dear Durandal, since you are probably twice as old as I am, we shouldn't go for the same chick. I recommend you to sneak into Alecto's house and assassinate him with, let's say, a poisoned dagger. Then you can just take his wife which seems to meet all your criteria... just remember that Alecto himself said she is an Amazonian... you'll be a bit unlucky, 'cause they cut one of their boobies so they can be excellent archers. Other than this, she should be perfect. ALSO, what I'm wearing is not a sweatshirt, it's one of these things, dunno how they're called in English.

On the other side, Alecto, I'm willing to help you kick Durandal's butt and use him as your majordom after he will try to do what I suggested him. However, I'm asking you to give me the hand of your daughter - as long as she is exactly like a younger version of her mom (I'd prefer her to have both breasts but... you know, I'm not that pretencious).

Please both of you PM me so I know what side to join. If you, Durandal, succeed in gettind rid of Alecto, I also expect their daughter (I hope they already have one, I can't wait for you to make another one, and also she'd be too young). Either way, Alecto, it seems like we're gonna be relatives, somehow.

@eco2pia

So that's what girls want? Let me see... gorgeous - checked. Tan - can easily do it, I'm 5km away from beach. Enamored of mom-bodies... I don't get it... there are some beautiful more mature women, though, so I'd take a Jenifer Lopez. Ignoring hot young chicks? Dunno... might do it, if the mature is hot enough. Youthful appearance? I have it. Brilliant cook? I have bad news for ya. Masseur? Maybe. Millionaire? Pending. Speaking 4 languages? I have Romanian, English, Italian, and could (barely) survive in France. Private tropical island? I want one too. Bringing Mai Tais and seducing in waterfalls? Well, seems a little bit silly to me, but... "here's your Mai Tai, darling. Take my hand and let me take you to the waterfall, where we'll blatantly have secks and then I'll drown you there and inherit your money". Yeah, I'd be pretty good at everything, I guess. So are you redhead? :love-struck:

You know... I also had a particular fondness for redheads, particularly when I was young (I pretty much fell in love with Megan Follows as Anne of Green Gables, and I blame Robert Heinlein for romanticizing them for me). In my life I dated two... and they they both dumped me unceremoniously and confusingly. I think I might be over it now :)

So, this changes the dynamic that most couples have when the husband is into computers. Rather than getting a "Don't spend too much" from her, I get "So, you're getting the 64-bit processor and the solid state drive, right?".

Different board we were discussing guns. One guy said his wife was initially against them, then fell in love with competitive shooting. It is a good day when your wife comes home and says "We need more guns"

Tally Sheet for 2019

Different board we were discussing guns. One guy said his wife was initially against them, then fell in love with competitive shooting. It is a good day when your wife comes home and says "We need more guns"

My husband took me hunting last year, something I've never really wanted to do, but I was in need of a weekend away so I went.

I killed, tracked and cleaned my first deer. Totally addicted now.

The old believe everything; the middle aged suspect everything: the young know everything.

~Oscar Wilde

Guest Eduard
Oh Eduard, you are so uneblievably handsome, may I ask you to keep me as a pet, pretty pwease? :cat:

Suuuuureeeee! Haha, you're so cute, come here! *pets you* Awww shucks. :emmersed: Hahaha, I'll walk you every day and comb your fur and let you breed with my friend's husky, I bet you'll fall in :love-struck: for him quickly. And I'm gonna call you... umm... Scotthia! I know it's not a common girls name, but... you know, I wanted to call you Scotty, I've always wanted a Scotty :hopelessness: but... stuff. :smug: *keeps petting you with a dumb smile*

Now... umm... what do you like to eat? :sulkiness: Paleeeeeo?... :topsy_turvy: Haha, you so cuuute! :emmersed: