Forums are back in action! ×

New pullup personal best

A Marine Corps physical fitness test involves doing up to 20 dead hang pullups (for the max possible score). I did that for my last test, but that was a year ago. I haven't worked pullups nearly as much as I should in the time since then, so I set a 6 Week Challenge goal of "regain 20 pullups, or get to 22 if I get back to 20 too easily". After all, more is better yeah?

On day 2 of the challenge I did a test set and GOT 22 pullups out of nowhere.

WOOT! (Also, "ow, my back muscles.")

"|Improvise, adapt, overcome. "

Level 3 Wood Elf Ranger  | STR11DEX5STA6CON3WIS2CHA3 ]

[ Dragons to slay:|250+ PFT 290+ CFT GORUCK Spartan 13.1 290+ PFT 20 +35# Pullups ]

[ Challenges: 1 2 Current ||RPG Fanatics Goblin Ganker ]

Congrats and ouch!

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

You are absolutely right Mir. I'm moving that objective further out on myself: I will now complete 23 this challenge. If I accomplish that before the halfway point of the challenge, I will consider that goal "still too easy" and bump it again, to 24.

[ Dragons to slay:|250+ PFT 290+ CFT GORUCK Spartan 13.1 290+ PFT 20 +35# Pullups ]

Geeze, this is like deja vu! My cousin Jim, who is also a Marine, just told me yesterday that he got 22 pullups out of nowhere while training for his PT test, too.

Maybe I need to join the Marines, haha. But seriously, congrats! That's such a great accomplishment.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

- Philipians 4:13

AWESOME TEAM OF FLYING MONGOOSES!

Jump Rope Challenge: 800

Thanks for the kudos guys. :)

Those of you looking to add pullups, I have a rather thorough list of variations on the basic exercise that I've developed over the years. When I decided to enlist I couldn't do a SINGLE pull up, and I basically just logged what got me where I am. If you guys want it, I'd be happy to post it.

Thanks for the kudos guys. :)

Those of you looking to add pullups, I have a rather thorough list of variations on the basic exercise that I've developed over the years. When I decided to enlist I couldn't do a SINGLE pull up, and I basically just logged what got me where I am. If you guys want it, I'd be happy to post it.

Post this info please! There are many of us who are still chasing that elusive first pullup!

The old believe everything; the middle aged suspect everything: the young know everything.

~Oscar Wilde